Dumb Libre question...

gavin86

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Got mine yesterday, put my first sensor on.. thought I'd stuffed up the application and it hadn't attached to me, but looked at my arm and there it was!

Anyway, I didn't think of this until today... How do I remove the sensor? >_<

PS - I'm in love already! Was only going to do it for a few weeks, but will definitely be trying to find the money to keep going...

Just_Me_Rachel

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Fish
I've no idea because I have the Dexcom, but I just had this question few weeks back with my Dexcom. So I relate to all you wrote! I just googled some videos, on YouTube and Dexcom and followed it. It was useful.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Got mine yesterday, put my first sensor on.. thought I'd stuffed up the application and it hadn't attached to me, but looked at my arm and there it was!

Anyway, I didn't think of this until today... How do I remove the sensor? >_<

PS - I'm in love already! Was only going to do it for a few weeks, but will definitely be trying to find the money to keep going...

Hi Gavin. It's a great thing, for sure, but not without it's own little ways sometimes.
Don't lose any sleep over it, for sure!

Anyway, when it comes to removing it, it's simple. Just approach it as you would removing a dressing. Once you have some of the tape freed, you can get your finger tips under the body of the sensor and it'll lift off.

Enjoy, bit don't get RSI from all that scanning. ;) :)

gavin86

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanks! Would you recommend taping it? I've just had it attached by its own glue so far. I don't swim or do any harsh exercise that makes me sweat a lot (plus it's coming into winter down here).

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks! Would you recommend taping it? I've just had it attached by its own glue so far. I don't swim or do any harsh exercise that makes me sweat a lot (plus it's coming into winter down here).

I have never taped any of mine, and so far none of them have fallen off or come loose. I do put mine on the inside or underside of my arm rather than the front as I think they are safer from knocks.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Would you recommend taping it?

Just to be on the safe side, I usually put a large 7 by 8 cm sticking plaster over it. The glue itself is fine, but the plaster kinda smoothes out the edges to reduce the risk of it catching on sharp edges. Molnlycke do one called Mepore which works ok, but make sure to put the unsticky padding bit square over the sensor so that when you change the plaster after 3 or 4 days (they get a bit grubby after then), the sticky bit doesn't pull the sensor with it.

Watch out for door jambs, door edges and corners of walls!

Seriously, plenty of people, including me, have lost a sensor by nudging against jambs and dislodging it, doesn't even need to come all the way off, sometimes just nicking it off a bit can make it stop working. The plaster just reduces the odds of catching it.