Type 1 Type 1 with mega high bg's and ketones

kay2409

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey guys! Just need a bit of advice. I've had high bg readings for a couple of weeks now but the past day or two they have become incredibly high, to the point my reader just displays HI. I haven't been below 18 for a week. I've checked my blood ketones and earlier they were 1.5, an hour later down to 0.8 and just now back to 1.4. I'm on my highest pump profile plus extra but it doesn't seem do make any difference. Going to the loo every half an hour now and can't stomach food. Getting at the end of my tether now. I've been T1 for nearly 10 years now and have never experienced this. I have no chance of seeing a doctor this late on a Saturday. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Kxx

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A&E and don't mess around. Also, do not drive - but opt for someone else to take you there.

Are your correction boluses having no effect?

Good luck.

Reactions: col101

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I second A&E..

However. I called 111 once. (Not for me.) & they will dispatch an ambulance at their discretion..
Which they did with my call.

Reactions: col101

kay2409

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you very much for your help! My mum is just taking me to A&E 111 recommendation. Nothing was working, I even injected Humalog with a pen. Kx

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you very much for your help! My mum is just taking me to A&E 111 recommendation. Nothing was working, I even injected Humalog with a pen. Kx

Good luck.!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Sending you get well wishes and good luck x

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you @kay2409 It's great your BS is down now. It seems like you're being well-looked after. X