Struggling

elviscole

Hi all,
Havent been on here for a good while,
Really struggling at the moment, last 2 hbas have been 10.2 in March was taken off dapagliflozin and put on canagliflozin, within 3 days my sugars had gone through the roof, anything between 17 and 25 , phoned nurse who said go back on dapagliflozin, sugars stayed high, saw the new nurse yesterday and taken off dapagliflozin and put on victoza injection, well would have as got the pens and no needles, seems the nurse forgot to add them, instead ended up with lancets to prick fingers, quick look on amazon and should have needles today,
Done everything my old nurse said, lost weight, (87kgs) even did the 800 calories/day diet and put weight on, am hoping the victoza works as fed up feeling **** and worsening eyesight

Reactions: matytheman

elviscole

Went on a low carb diet from jan to march and hba stayed the same as previous 1 at end of year, even tried the 800 calories day and put weight on, cannot for the life of me get below 87kg, will be interesting to see how i get on on the victoza

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Went on a low carb diet from jan to march and hba stayed the same as previous 1 at end of year, even tried the 800 calories day and put weight on, cannot for the life of me get below 87kg, will be interesting to see how i get on on the victoza
Good luck.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Do you do regular metering of your pre/post meal glucose response?

elviscole

I don't bother with 1st thing in a morning, usually do 1 around 9.15 (coffee time) and it around 16 to 19, dinnertime usually drops to around 10 to 13 and teatime is usually down to 7

elviscole

I buy my testing strips as they wont supply them but now iv started to inject, have got a new meter and 50 strips, have got 4 meters, 1 is a contour that iv had for years, got 2 contour usb meters that never agree with each other and the new meter is also a contour that takes same strips as the usb 1s

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I buy my testing strips as they wont supply them but now iv started to inject, have got a new meter and 50 strips, have got 4 meters, 1 is a contour that iv had for years, got 2 contour usb meters that never agree with each other and the new meter is also a contour that takes same strips as the usb 1s

Hopefully with the new strips supply, you will be able to quickly identify which food are causing the spikes. Especially when we think we are low carbing and making what we believe to be "correct" choices...

Reactions: shez

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm finding low carb is a god send but the fat stopped me losing weight. So I do low carb, low fat now. Losing steadily.
I don't think a lifetime diet but a diet to lose weight, at least.
I'm keeping insulin need fairly steady on it too.
I occasionally flicker from low carb to medium carb but bgs can spike on wrong foods but sometimes only food in before my grocer shop is due.