Magic Wand

New2T1D

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Things that are unfair.
If someone told you that they have a magic wand and they can take away your Diabetes for a day. Would you take them up on that offer?
Oh what a lovely idea. I'm greedy and would want to use the wand to wave diabetes away for everyone forever.....

Rakhi_gohil

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes. I would quite happily have a day off please. Especially after today which has been diabetically pants. I woke up at midnight needing a wee, which is normally a good signal of a hyper. I wasn't mega high, but higher than I'd like, 7.4 so I gave half a unit and went back to sleep. At 7:30 when I woke up I was 8.5 because my pump had decided I was going to drop low (obviously I wasn't) and had suspended my insulin for the last two hours. So when I bolused for breakfast my body went "yeah that's nice, but blood sugar won't be moving under 8 for well over 90 minutes cos I've not had any insulin going in at all for the last two hours, so you know how you were going to have raspberries, lol no". It did make getting to my yoga class a little tight the morning. I would happily put this stupid pump in the microwave, I do not cope well with waking up high. And the predictive low suspend did NOT stop me passing out hypo for at least a little while yesterday afternoon. I mean I live alone so I'm not sure exactly how unconcious I was or for how long but there was definitely lost time and I was 2.2 when I was with it enough to realise I had to test.

So yes, when can I have my day off?

Aww im sorry to hear that! Hope you feel better soon! I woke up this morning with my BG at 2.1 so i know the feeling. Especially high BG levels do not cope well with either. Do you get warning signs when your BG is dropping low?

Hopefully we can all have a day off soon! :)

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If someone took it away from me I would struggle - my head would explode - I would not have a clue how to deal with the freedom from the grinding routine! But over time I'd sure get used to being cured, and I'd be delighted.

But just for one day? That would just be horrid, if it's back to the normal routine the next day!

:sorry: :( :banghead:

Very interesting question, though!

:)

Reactions: Rakhi_gohil

Rakhi_gohil

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If someone took it away from me I would struggle - my head would explode - I would not have a clue how to deal with the freedom from the grinding routine! But over time I'd sure get used to being cured, and I'd be delighted.

But just for one day? That would just be horrid, if it's back to the normal routine the next day!

It has its pros and cons.It would be good to be stress free and not have to think about if i eat this will it effect my blood sugars, but cons would be life teasing you because you'll be back to the same routine tomorrow, might be emotionally distressing and might take away who you really are.

Who knows we might find a cure one day!

Reactions: Snapsy

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The story of Diabetic Cinderella. sounds like a story that must be written...

I see it more as a musical... With the "protagonist" more like an assistant in a diabetes research lab with the mice.. ;)

Reactions: Snapsy

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hmmmmm. Thinking about it now Snapsy. (With a Doctor Who head on.) 24 hours D free then bop back to reality...
It would mess up my basal! :banghead:

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I would want that magic wand waved but only if it gave me 24 hours free of diabetes AND coeliac disease. I would eat bread and more bread, especially the lovely breads in Italian restaurants! Oh the very thought of it . . . Mmmmmmmmmm!

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bullies & Cauliflower cheese
Good morning its a no for me,what go back to that fat overweight no energy rubbish eating foggy brained individual ,I'l stay as I am thank you,enjoy your day my friends:D

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
No. Question...what is the carbohydrate content of this wand (ie. per 100g) ? If it's less than 11, I am having it.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No thanks ! There's abso-bally-lutely NO WAY I'd ever want to be turned back into my brain fogged carb crunching pre-diagnosis zombie state even for just 24 hours. :mad:

But maybe if I was T1 I'd feel differently?

Robbity

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If someone told you that they have a magic wand and they can take away your Diabetes for a day. Would you take them up on that offer?
Only if there is a double blind, gold plated, RCT trial report that provides conclusive evidence that it works.