36 hours stretch for the General Election.

Aginoth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
For my sins I am Chair of Weston-super-Mare Constituency Labour Party. So beginning at 6am tommorow I have a 36 hour day to deal with, with little if any chance of sleep.

It'll be challenge to manage my T1 D over that length of time I am sure, perhaps I should ask Theresa May for advice....hmmm maybe not !

Anyone else burning the candle at both ends tomorrow and Friday?

Reactions: Goonergal

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For my sins I am Chair of Weston-super-Mare Constituency Labour Party. So beginning at 6am tommorow I have a 36 hour day to deal with, with little if any chance of sleep.

It'll be challenge to manage my T1 D over that length of time I am sure, perhaps I should ask Theresa May for advice....hmmm maybe not !

Avoiding TV and Radio for the duration. Luckily, I cancelled my TV, so that helps.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Not me I gave all that up some while ago have run a campaign office in the past but simply not up to it any more physically. But will be there spiritually..

Reactions: doc007

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Not capable of doing full time job and staying up any later than ten pm.

I've retired twice, but had to work again, thank you the conservatives!

I will be voting at twenty past seven in the morning as my polling station is where I work in a safe Labour seat!

Trust the Tories!
I'm really struggling now, I'll be defo worse off in a few more years of Tory rule!

The only way to end food banks is to NOT vote Tory!

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not capable of doing full time job and staying up any later than ten pm.

I've retired twice, but had to work again, thank you the conservatives!

I will be voting at twenty past seven in the morning as my polling station is where I work in a safe Labour seat!

Trust the Tories!
I'm really struggling now, I'll be defo worse off in a few more years of Tory rule!

The only way to end food banks is to NOT vote Tory!
Surely, food banks are a lifestyle choice

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

but a fine job you are doing for democracy though , hope you´ll have a fine day remember a big bag of treats to enjoy and maybe 5 hardboiled eggs...:) I think it would change the interest from the younger people if you changed you election system so not only the winner goes on to next level... if more parties was in your parliament more people would feel themselves represented....it is sad that the brittish youth seems to have lost faith in democracy , well thats what I read in the danish news papers ; that the young persons in low income group has lost all hope and do not go to vote... :(

anteater2012

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
People who don't listen to others i.e. the 8 members of this forum I have put on ignore as they talk such utter **** all the time. This now includes the member who thinks they are a moderator.
I will be getting the princely sum of £120 for a 16 hour day as a poll clerk at a local polling station in an a care home. Oh joy!

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
So beginning at 6am tommorow I have a 36 hour day to deal with, with little if any chance of sleep.

I hope you're not driving after that, I'll let my rellies know, they're down that way.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't seem to have anyone to vote for - my grandmother was a suffragist, I can feel her disapproval already

If at a couple of points you can find a quiet corner and relax, switch off for a few minutes it will reduce the stress considerably.
Remember no one is indispensable and a few moments of quiet can recharge your batteries considerably.
Take care to stay hydrated, look after yourself.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
but a fine job you are doing for democracy though , hope you´ll have a fine day remember a big bag of treats to enjoy and maybe 5 hardboiled eggs...:) I think it would change the interest from the younger people if you changed you election system so not only the winner goes on to next level... if more parties was in your parliament more people would feel themselves represented....it is sad that the brittish youth seems to have lost faith in democracy , well thats what I read in the danish news papers ; that the young persons in low income group has lost all hope and do not go to vote... :(
That may be so but my grandson is 22 and is definitely going to vote.

Reactions: doc007 and dbr10