Hi-Lo bread spotted in Scotland

A

Avocado Sevenfold

According to their website, Hi-Lo bread is not available in Scotland, but we spotted it in Sainsbury's, Braehead yesterday :watching:

And very nice it is too! 5g carbs and 8.1g protein per slice. A little loaf so small slices.

http://www.hi-lo-bread.co.uk/

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I would be interested to hear from any other Scots on whether they spot it in smaller stores or whether it is only available in the mega-Sainsbury's :)

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Been looking for this bread in the NE of England without luck.

I don't like it much anyway, not a patch on the Burgen Soya and Linseed, also the slices are only the right size for a doll's tea party.

Reactions: Spencer67
A

Avocado Sevenfold

I don't like it much anyway, not a patch on the Burgen Soya and Linseed, also the slices are only the right size for a doll's tea party.
Oii! Scram! This thread is for lovers of the tiny loaf :p

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I am just back from the biggish Sainsbury's in Drumchapel. They don't sell Hi-Lo, but the lovely bakery guy checked their database for the Hi-Lo item code 7681889 and filtered the results for Scotland. These are the results. Only available in the following massive stores -

Braehead
Darnley
East Kilbride
Hamilton
Stirling
Cameron Toll
Straiton

Interaud

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty, dishonesty, spiders
Burgen best on the market - sad my local co-op has changed hands and no longer supplies this, but I've found one other store that does but bit further to walk to (11ish grams suits fine)

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sainsbury's
Gosh I remember Sainsbury's ... I may be wrong but I think they opened one near Nairn .. next time I go to Inverness I will have a look .... Sure its a Sainsbury's ... or Safeways .. or Tesco .. think it began with a S !!!
Is the bread ok for vegetarians and oilseed rape free ?

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Gosh I remember Sainsbury's ... I may be wrong but I think they opened one near Nairn .. next time I go to Inverness I will have a look .... Sure its a Sainsbury's ... or Safeways .. or Tesco .. think it began with a S !!!
Is the bread ok for vegetarians and oilseed rape free ?
Sainsbury's is the orange coloured shop :) There was nothing up your neck of the woods, but they do have a form online to request stocking items in your local store.

The ingredients are Water, Wholemeal wheat flour, Seed mix (16%) (sunflower seeds, linseed, poppy seed), Wheat protein, Soya flour, Soya protein, Yeast, Wheat bran, Apple fibre, Malted barley flour, Malted barley extract, Salt, Fermented wheat flour, Spirit vinegar.

Marked as suitable for vegetarians with the usual cross contamination warning about milk and eggs.

meandmaboy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My Sainsbury is @ Darnley & does sell the bread, but only ever have about 6 loaves @ a time. I am always skulking about to see if any are reduced lol. Usually give in & buy @ full price.

Reactions: Avocado Sevenfold