Election talk

Mark-optimistic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

What are your thoughts on the upcoming election and who are you leaning towards.

I think a big factor is how it will impact our NHS and what this will mean for people with life long conditions.

Personally I am voting labour but I don't expect anyone to disclose information on who they are voting for.

Keep smiling

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've already voted - we opted for postal votes a few years back so we get our ballot paper a couple of weeks before the election.

I decided to vote Labour as I feel the Tories are being too harsh with their 'deficit payback'. Too many people are suffering due to the cuts that have been made. Tories didnt single out one group of people but a range across the spectrum, but in my opinion not the people who can afford to pay more.

I dont particulary like Jeremy Corbyn but feel he is a better prospect than Theresa May

Reactions: Mark-optimistic

Dan87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm voting Labour. I urge my fellow diabetics to do the same if you want a party who will invest over 30 Billion into the NHS over the next 5 years (taken from their costed manifesto), as opposed to the Tories' 8 Billion. I'm not saying there aren't inefficiencies, but an under-funded NHS has no chance of improving in my view. Labour also aim to have free parking at all NHS sites for staff and patients.

If the Tory privatisation of the NHS continues, I could see us all paying for our prescriptions in a few years time, not to mention the excellent courses such as 'DAFNE' and 'BERTIE'.

Deespee23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
From today's Guardian...
upload_2017-6-9_1-54-32.jpeg