We are live.

Type1Lad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So as some of you may be aware I started my pump journey about 1 year and 6 months ago.
I have had numerous errors/handset fails and pump fails in my time on pump.
My teem allowed me to swap early and got given the option of Omnipod I am now live & Excited to be starting my second pump journey on an omnipod.
Here is a picture of me and my pump =D

fSDIMF.jpg

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you so far, it is going great! I miss the tubes though :(
Hi @Type1Lad , great to hear how well it's going! When I first got thinking about a pump, I felt I wanted an Omnipod because of not having a tube. But as it happens I find I don't mind my 'hosepipe' at all. So I just want to ask what it is you miss about the tubes? It's just that one day I might have the choice of tubeless, and you've got me thinking about tube pros and cons.

:)

Type1Lad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Type1Lad , great to hear how well it's going! When I first got thinking about a pump, I felt I wanted an Omnipod because of not having a tube. But as it happens I find I don't mind my 'hosepipe' at all. So I just want to ask what it is you miss about the tubes? It's just that one day I might have the choice of tubeless, and you've got me thinking about tube pros and cons.

:)
I miss not being able to disconnect when I want to disconnect. I use to be able to unclip from the cannula and do a few things without pump on. Now I have it on me 24/7

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Oh I see - of course! Thanks for that - I guess the pod is with you even if you're swimming, having a massage, in the shower, etc, whereas a tubed pump isn't/doesn't have to be/can't be.

There are plus points and downsides to both tubed and tubeless, I guess!

:):):)