Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

scorpius14

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
according to the unit converter and my high reading of above 32 that is consistent through 3-4 days a week sometimes all the time, i'd say my hba1c would be around 20% taking into account i do inject regularly but i always eat more than i inject for

kitsunerin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I know mine is absolutely horrific, but I have no idea how to actually work it out! On my GP site, my results from my last one look like this:

Hb A1c LTG
Haemoglobin A1c level 8.900 %
HbA1c levl - IFCC standardised 74.000 mmol/mol

Help?
Does that mean my hba1c is 74%???

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know mine is absolutely horrific, but I have no idea how to actually work it out! On my GP site, my results from my last one look like this:

Hb A1c LTG
Haemoglobin A1c level 8.900 %
HbA1c levl - IFCC standardised 74.000 mmol/mol

Help?
Does that mean my hba1c is 74%???
See this chart ... 8.9% is 74 mmol/mol
hba1c-chart.jpg

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
This morning's official Hba1C - 5.5% thanks to a combination of oref1 algorithm and Fiasp I think. Very pleased with that. Not so pleased with the standard deviation of 30% of average.

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
54mmol/mol last month.

I've gone from 39 to 45 to 54 in just under 18 months. I put this down to coming out of a potential honeymoon period and also worsening dawn phenomenon. Still not a bad result I suppose, but as always - plenty room for improvement:)

katmcd

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I had my A1c yesterday...I'm a bit disappointed tbh. I was hoping for 6.0% or below and it was 6.9%. I was diagnosed in Feb 2017 with it at 13.8% and the bloods were redone after 2 months so maybe there was a bit of my higher result lingering around. I know its halved but still. My endo was pleased though. Now on a dexcom for the last 2 months. Let's see if my next test in 4 months gets to be lower!

Reactions: Philb69
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
***** sweets, runny egg, drag artists (sorry to all the RuPaul fans!), Donald J. Trump
Currently I'm at 7.5%, trying to lower it to 6.5% but it isn't going all too well at the moment

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
Back in the 4 % club with a 4.8 % , lots of cycling and low carbing to thank. For some unknown reason I now qualify for libre freestyle :)

Reactions: dexocracy and CathP

delmcp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
7.4% or 57.0mmol/mol for me lowest since diagnosis, going in the right direction but would like it to be a little lower.

saruhbeau

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's an amazing reduction!! I've been no lower than 8 for as long as I can remember, any tips on lowering??
Thank you!

What has really helped me is using dexcom. And previous to dexcom I used libre. I only started using them a couple of months ago.

Even if you can't afford to use it full time, you can ask your dsn or hospital to have a libre trial. If they don't do that you could just buy one libre sensor (£48) if you have an android phone.

I really recommend dexcom. I know how hard it is to get your a1c down. Dexcom and libre have shown me what is going on between finger pricks. It isnt easy and I am doing up to 10 injections a day. My hypos have reduced though and most importantly I am not high every day. Before I yoyo'd from 2-30 on a regular basis. Now I rarely go above 13 and when I do go above 10, I know straight away and do a correction so I am down within an hour.

I feel much better physically. Good luck :)

Squeekyboy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
TV: don't watch TV, find most programs boring.Don't have a telly now but do watch videos now & then on a monitor.
See this chart ... 8.9% is 74 mmol/mol
hba1c-chart.jpg
@Art Of Flowers, Hi, I'm at 6.7 two hours after lunch & this is the best I've ever been but we'll see results tonight after dinner.
However, my thanks for the chart, this is really handy! Thanks Steve, aka Squeekyboy :)