Who are you voting for in the general election 2017?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Surmising that the swing came from ukip!

You surmise correctly, in part, but the turnout was vastly larger this time, so partly from these extra folk too plus a diminished Lib Dem vote. It is a foregone conclusion in my constituency. The only time I ever remember a non-Tory MP was a local Lib Dem in a bye-election, and that was very brief.

Reactions: Lamont D

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You surmise correctly, in part, but the turnout was vastly larger this time, so partly from these extra folk too plus a diminished Lib Dem vote. It is a foregone conclusion in my constituency. The only time I ever remember a non-Tory MP was a local Lib Dem in a bye-election, and that was very brief.
It usually is

Deespee23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
what a pathetic thing to say. McGuiness at that time as you well know was the deputy leader in NI and no longer a terrorist. Corbyn and Abbot were supporting active terrorists.
And who let Libyan "freedom fighters" in and out of the country with no restrictions? You know, those Libyans just like the ones behind the Southwark attack? Did somebody mention Theresa? Get back to the Daily Mail website.

Last edited:
Reactions: dbr10 and Prem51

Deespee23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't know @dbr10 , given the fact that most people had wrote Corbyn off (including some in his own party)and the right-wing press were never off his back it is a spectacular achievement, I'm no fan of the guy but you have to give credit were credit is due.
Yes - did you see the utterly disgusting front page of the Stun yesterday? It ought to be illegal. Murdoch = not wanted here.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Surmising that the swing came from ukip!
Not all former UKIP voters switched to the Conservatives. Many, some surveys said half, went to Labour. As working class 'left behind' people they couldn't bring themselves to vote for a party which is primarily for the rich.

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
A comeback to nowhere - just like where he started out from and ended up. The everyday, man-in-the-street public school educated stockbroker and commodities trader - a real man of the people (not!).
But the BBC and right wing front pages adore him. The BBC give him airtime on about 25% of their politic programmes and invite him to comment on anything and everything. I have never heard of a response when asked why they do not extend as many or rotate invitations to the other political parties. The EU ought to charge him for all his over indulgencies on the gravy train. Westminster is bad enough but Farage is a complete something in comparison.

Reactions: Prem51

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes - did you see the utterly disgusting front page of the Stun yesterday? It ought to be illegal. Murdoch = not wanted here.
No, I missed it but he has a malign influence. We can see this all the time on Faux News. The constant drip, drip, drip of misinformation, paranoia and distrust of the State over the last thirty years from Hannity, Beck, O'Reilley et al. Viewers have a narrow self selected world view because they only listen to opinions they agree with. This us the role given to The Sun in the UK. It is very effective sadly.

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not all former UKIP voters switched to the Conservatives. Many, some surveys said half, went to Labour. As working class 'left behind' people they couldn't bring themselves to vote for a party which is primarily for the rich.
I think that is true.

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
But the BBC and right wing front pages adore him. The BBC give him airtime on about 25% of their politic programmes and invite him to comment on anything and everything. I have never heard of a response when asked why they do not extend as many or rotate invitations to the other political parties. The EU ought to charge him for all his over indulgencies on the gravy train. Westminster is bad enough but Farage is a complete something in comparison.
I think you're right. The amount of air time the BBC give him is very strange. Out of all proportion to his importance. The "oxygen of publicity" and all that

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
upload_2017-6-9_22-35-35.png

Don't blame me. I voted for Miss Piggy :)

Reactions: dbr10
D

Deleted member 308541

I have noticed the £ has taken a dump against the Australian $, it is now worth $1.6927.

My UK pension will not be worth a cracker shortly. :meh:

ElkBond

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have noticed the £ has taken a dump against the Australian $, it is now worth $1.6927.

My UK pension will not be worth a cracker shortly. :meh:

Don't worry it will pick up, the value plummets in times of uncertainty, as this is when risks are higher as they cannot be foreseen. Had either party got in on a majority the value would have still dropped until the transition is completed. For example the results of Brexit crashed the market as no one wanted to trade on the uncertain future but not long after the result and things calmed the pound went up.

Its probably going to be low for a bit as May has made a monumental **** up (yay!) again so we are not sure what the plan is ourselves. At least this hard brexit can go in the bin now!

Sorry politics creeping in!

D

Deleted member 308541

Don't worry it will pick up, the value plummets in times of uncertainty, as this is when risks are higher as they cannot be foreseen.
The £ has been on the slide since the populace voted for Brexit, it will not get better with a coalition government.

ElkBond

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The £ has been on the slide since the populace voted for Brexit, it will not get better with a coalition government.

That is because our future is a bit up in the air, BREXIT hasn't happened yet and we have no clue of the terms, once the markets know our intentions and its safer to invest they will go up. The result last night surprised everyone hence the crash (crashed from the exit poll). Same with Brexit morning.

People won't invest in something uncertain, and about the coalition..apart from it being the worst idea since green tomato ketchup, you have a far right hard brexit with teaming up with "borderline" terrorists who prefer a soft brexit among other things..how on earth are we going to judge what comes out of that. I knew she was warning us about a coalition of chaos, but didn't think she was going to have a hand in leading it!

P.S. Not sure what it can contribute to state this but I was a strong remainer. And yes apologies for turning into a keyboard politician, I am raging slightly from the last three polls (BREXIT, TRUMP (not directly for us, but... what can I say) and this one).

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Cannot think of anything positive for the currency I am afraid. Perhaps you can find joy in the thought you are not living here for the next 2 years. The PM triggered Article 50 and we end our membership of the EU exactly 2 years later full stop. Well unless 27 other nations agree to an extention and since most of their leaders have been insulted by past and present members of the Conservative party that does seem to be unlikely. You may get a few laughs. It is certainly going to be a fun coalition. The DUP is anti abortion, anti same sex marriage and has several creationist and climate change deniers amongst its ranks. The British anti Trump press is going to get in a twist squaring that circle. Not to mention the leaders connection to a monumental farce of a heating scheme that made farmers heat empty barns. I rather suspect that they are going to be pro hunting with dogs as well. I know the legislation was widely disregarded but its existance did make me feel we were civilised.

Ian_Laye

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
In reply to some obvious left wing extremists, I have never bought a copy of the daily mail or been on their web site, my information on Corbyn and Abbots IRA links came from the BBC.

D

Deleted member 308541

The DUP is anti abortion, anti same sex marriage and has several creationist and climate change deniers amongst its ranks.
I wish you all well with the DUP propping up TM's government. Boris Johnson will hopefully back stab her for the PM job and party leadership.

Thankfully I will never be back to the UK, most of our families have passed on. The rest I have no time for.

Reactions: Prem51 and dbr10