Bronchitis relief

Rabdos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I can't believe that I got bronchitis with such a nice weather (I slept in the same room with my father for a week and he got it from somewhere and gave it to me).

Is there any relief from the thick mucous excretions? I see in supermarkets some teabags that you boil them, etc. Is there anything effective?

I can take mucolytics, but I am afraid that the thin mucous flow further down to the lungs and cause problems.

Any idea?

Rabdos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Guys, if I go to the hospital, will they inject me corticosteroids for my heavy upper resp infection? I am exhausted for 8 days now, but I don't want to waste my time.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Guys, if I go to the hospital, will they inject me corticosteroids for my heavy upper resp infection? I am exhausted for 8 days now, but I don't want to waste my time.

Speak to your GP to get advice.

Rabdos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is it me and this GP I have or GPs in UK practise defensive medicine and never cooperate with patients?

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
We can't tell you what treatment you need. Antibiotics are the probable course of treatment - and I don't think they come under defensive medicine. Go to your GP if you're ill.

Rabdos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I went, he gave me antibiotics, but I asked for corticoids too and he only gave me nasal, but they do nothing to me but irritate my nostrils, I need systemic.