Read the label stupid....

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So I picked up what I thought was some goats cheese from Lidl on Friday. Today I thought I would slice some up and pop into my omelette.... fortunately I tasted a bit and arrgghhh... sweet as anything. Checked the carbs, 10%!!!! :( Checked the label.... Goats cheese..... with honey below.
Who would put honey into Goats cheese.....
Into the bin is went and out came the mouse trap.....

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Me too, bought low fat Greek yogurt from Lidls, the packaging of low fat and full fat almost the same. We don't expect certain products to be with added......

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Me too, bought low fat Greek yogurt from Lidls, the packaging of low fat and full fat almost the same. We don't expect certain products to be with added......

Lidl's do my head in with the "spot the difference" competition they have with their GY, it's my yog of choice.... :banghead:

NinaB73

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I love Lidls but their products do need some scrutiny! I always forget to take my reading glasses and have had some duds too! I'm not particularly on a low carb diet but I am carb conscious and buy things that are lower in carbs and too have come a cropper with the yogurt!

D

Deleted member 388305

Here in the US, the fat phobias is so prevalent that it is not easy to find yogurt that is not "fat free" or 2%. so I started making my own yogurt from whole milk a couple of months ago. It isn't hard and it costs about $0.17 per serving. It also tastes better in my opinion.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I got caught yesterday - at Lidl.

We had popped in for some protein rolls, and did the usual walk through.
- and i spotted some 'bacon wrapped prunes' which looked lush.
It wasn't til they were cooked, and i had two on my plate, that i realised they were dates, not prunes :mad:
Sickly sweet, and much more sugary.

I threw a wee tantrum, pulled the dates out, and just ate the bacon!

MikeTurin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I got caught yesterday - at Lidl.

We had popped in for some protein rolls, and did the usual walk through.
- and i spotted some 'bacon wrapped prunes' which looked lush.
It wasn't til they were cooked, and i had two on my plate, that i realised they were dates, not prunes :mad:
Sickly sweet, and much more sugary.

I threw a wee tantrum, pulled the dates out, and just ate the bacon!
Prunes have half the carbs of dates but still high at about 33%. I love dried fruit and used to eat lot of it, which probably contributed to my downfall.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Prunes have half the carbs of dates but still high at about 33%. I love dried fruit and used to eat lot of it, which probably contributed to my downfall.

:)
I have a good understanding of what prunes do to me (hence the portion size of 2) and an even better understanding of what dates to do me - hence the fact that I won't touch them with a barge pole.

Years ago, I used to think that prunes were a delicious and nutritious snack, especially the huge, high quality ones bought loose in French street markets. Sigh. Happy days.

Life is full of these little disappointments, eh?

Reactions: hankjam

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Haha, on holiday recently I decided to have a naughty treat of coffee, jam and cream scone. I did wonder why there were no raisins in the scone. Too late I realised I had picked up a cheese scone instead of a fruit scone. Went quite well with raspberry jam and clotted cream.
:depressed:

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
:)
I have a good understanding of what prunes do to me (hence the portion size of 2) and an even better understanding of what dates to do me - hence the fact that I won't touch them with a barge pole.

Years ago, I used to think that prunes were a delicious and nutritious snack, especially the huge, high quality ones bought loose in French street markets. Sigh. Happy days.

Life is full of these little disappointments, eh?
Yes the bottom has fallen out of my world whereas it used to be the other way around !