Metformin slow release

Bumpyswife_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bad manners
When is the best time to take it morning or night . Instruction sheet says evening description on the box says morning.

D

Deleted member 308541

When is the best time to take it morning or night
it depend on how many Metformin you were a prescribed a day.

Best to ask the pharmacy and or your GP, but by the sounds of it you have to take it in the morning with meals if it is on the pharmacy label.

Bumpyswife_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bad manners

Best to ask the pharmacy and or your GP, but by the sounds of it you have to take it in the morning with meals if it is on the pharmacy label.
Thanks

SueNSW

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
When is the best time to take it morning or night . Instruction sheet says evening description on the box says morning.
There seem to be varying opinions - right from the beginning I was told to take it at night - no mention of with food. I take 2 x 1000mg tablets just before bed and it seems to work for me - never had any stomach issues at all.
I have been told by posters on here that it's not the correct way to take it, but GP and Diabetic Clinic have both confirmed it's fine - so I figure ...... if it ain't broken.............

Bumpyswife_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bad manners
There seem to be varying opinions - right from the beginning I was told to take it at night - no mention of with food. I take 2 x 1000mg tablets just before bed and it seems to work for me - never had any stomach issues at all.
I have been told by posters on here that it's not the correct way to take it, but GP and Diabetic Clinic have both confirmed it's fine - so I figure ...... if it ain't broken.............
Thanks just started on slow release metformin the other metformin really upset my stomach so I will see how I go taking it in the morning.