Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Lord Midas

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots. Morons. Flat Earthers. Religious fanatics. Trump. Bigots. Misogynists. And other assorted bad types.
Ran out of test strips at the beginning of the week (more on order). Been going off 'feels'.
Not changed my diet though, and slept ok the last 2 nights.
I also think I'm starting to lose weight (even though I've been in ketosis for over 2 months). I hate Insulin.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Ran out of test strips at the beginning of the week (more on order). Been going off 'feels'.
Not changed my diet though, and slept ok the last 2 nights.
I also think I'm starting to lose weight (even though I've been in ketosis for over 2 months). I hate Insulin.
Your lows recently looked promising. Depends on how severe your IR or if you've got an exhausted pancreas will influence whether you can get rid of insulin injections but personally - don't write anything off. In most cases anything is possible! Don't write the possibility for you, off?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
3.4 this morning - way too low! So had a chocolate to compensate. Good job I'd had that oatcake before bed last night, otherwise it may well have been worse!
If a person is in diet ketosis a bit of carb can cause the somogyi effect. Especially through the night. Look it up. It states type1s or insulin users experience but out of experience lchf can cause it too.