LIdl Low GI Bread

seanj67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all,

We have a fancy new Lidl here in Lincoln now - much nicer inside than the older ones. Anyway, I know most us us know about the high protein rolls, but whils buying some yesterday I see they also now do " Low GI" bread. It's lighter in texture than the rolls and seems to be mixed with walnuts.

Just thought I'd mention it :)

S

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Its main ingredient is wheat flour and has 36% carbs so maybe not that great if you are low carbing..

5300877 Low GI Bread

Ingredients

Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin), Water, Seeds (Sunflower Seeds (8%), Linseed (4%) Pumpkin Seeds 2%), Wheat Gluten, Rye Flour, Yeast, Oats, Wheat Bran, Sugar, Burnt Sugar, Salt, Emulsifiers (Mono- and Diacetyl Tartaric Acid Esters of Mono- and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids, Soya Lecithin), Wheat Malt Flour, Whey Powder (From Milk), Dextrose, Flour Treatment Agent (Ascorbic Acid), Raising Agent (Disodium Diphospate).

Nutritional Information

Typical Values per 100g

Energy 1206kcal/287kJ

Fat 8.5g

Of which saturates 1.03g

Carbohydrate 36g

Of which sugars 3.8g

Fibre 6.9g

Protein 13.2g

Salt 0.9g

seanj67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Its main ingredient is wheat flour and has 36% carbs so maybe not that great if you are low carbing..

5300877 Low GI Bread

Ingredients

Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin), Water, Seeds (Sunflower Seeds (8%), Linseed (4%) Pumpkin Seeds 2%), Wheat Gluten, Rye Flour, Yeast, Oats, Wheat Bran, Sugar, Burnt Sugar, Salt, Emulsifiers (Mono- and Diacetyl Tartaric Acid Esters of Mono- and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids, Soya Lecithin), Wheat Malt Flour, Whey Powder (From Milk), Dextrose, Flour Treatment Agent (Ascorbic Acid), Raising Agent (Disodium Diphospate).

Nutritional Information

Carbohydrate 36g

Ah, no, quite right it's not :(

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Depends how low carb you are it may be to high for some but not others

charlie_farley

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have tried this bread recently but give it up quickly when I discovered when testing that it raised my blood sugers.Tested over 5 days.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The protein rolls seem to be the ones most diabetics can tolerate.