Reactive Hypoglycemia

Loobielooz_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi there. Firstly I would like to thank everyone for their support and secondly the doc has been a little help. I have been offered no tests, she didn't look at my blood glucose results I've taken every half hour for 2 days, which show a rise of 1.0 or more every half hour and the same in reverse. I was advised ( after mentioning the forum and how helpful the HFLC has been to you here) and she agreed my levels are way too high too quickly and I must follow a very strict HFLC plan. I told her I will continue to monitor my levels as it's the only way I can be sure of any benefit and start Monday. I fully expect to feel dreadful for a couple of weeks but look forward more to the benefits. I'm not sure though if I should be down here as T2 or RH so will continue as is. Thanks again I couldn't have done it without your help and although I'm no further forward with my doc, I now have a plan I can try my hardest to stick to if I no longer wish to feel the way I do right now. I am going to photocopy my paperwork showing the quick changes with my blood glucose and post it to my doc. I had my granddaughter with me today and didn't feel I could voice my concerns as much as if id been alone. Be in touch soon.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
From my personal experience. Taking some virgin coconut oil helps to significantly reduce the symptoms of hypo.

Reactions: Loobielooz_

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi there. Firstly I would like to thank everyone for their support and secondly the doc has been a little help. I have been offered no tests, she didn't look at my blood glucose results I've taken every half hour for 2 days, which show a rise of 1.0 or more every half hour and the same in reverse. I was advised ( after mentioning the forum and how helpful the HFLC has been to you here) and she agreed my levels are way too high too quickly and I must follow a very strict HFLC plan. I told her I will continue to monitor my levels as it's the only way I can be sure of any benefit and start Monday. I fully expect to feel dreadful for a couple of weeks but look forward more to the benefits. I'm not sure though if I should be down here as T2 or RH so will continue as is. Thanks again I couldn't have done it without your help and although I'm no further forward with my doc, I now have a plan I can try my hardest to stick to if I no longer wish to feel the way I do right now. I am going to photocopy my paperwork showing the quick changes with my blood glucose and post it to my doc. I had my granddaughter with me today and didn't feel I could voice my concerns as much as if id been alone. Be in touch soon.

Hi again
That's a very good attitude you took to your GP.
It does seem that your doc knows what fluctuating blood levels are not good for you hence the agreement to going low carb. However, I think she hasn't got a clue why or how to proceed in getting a diagnosis.
It is very common that GPs are not trained to recognise the symptoms that differentiate between the types of diabetes or endocrine conditions like Hypoglycaemia.

Keep up with your food diary and let us know how you are doing.

Best wishes

Reactions: Loobielooz_

Loobielooz_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks for the reply Lamont D. I was surprised by my gp but if I can follow a good low carb plan without affecting any other health conditions, I know I'll be feeling better. It's trial and error right.

Loobielooz_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks for the reply Lamont D. I was surprised by my gp but if I can follow a good low carb plan without affecting any other health conditions, I know I'll be feeling better. It's trial and error right.

Loobielooz_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've just gone back to some of the threads from over two years ago, regarding reactive hypoglycemia and im shocked at how similar this has played out in my lifetime.
Had PCOS and hypoglycemia for as long as I can remember, definitely since age 18. Most of my life very lean and sporty and every few years huge weight gain and chronic fatigue (I sleep most afternoons) becomes much worse. On and off anxiety meds since aged 18 years old. After last bout of weight gain (3 stone ) diagnosed Pre diabetic and then diabetic. Due to my hypos and carb cravings, I've had from age 18 yrs to my now 50 yrs and reading the responses I've had I am very interested in RH. Lots of helpful information.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I've just gone back to some of the threads from over two years ago, regarding reactive hypoglycemia and im shocked at how similar this has played out in my lifetime.
Had PCOS and hypoglycemia for as long as I can remember, definitely since age 18. Most of my life very lean and sporty and every few years huge weight gain and chronic fatigue (I sleep most afternoons) becomes much worse. On and off anxiety meds since aged 18 years old. After last bout of weight gain (3 stone ) diagnosed Pre diabetic and then diabetic. Due to my hypos and carb cravings, I've had from age 18 yrs to my now 50 yrs and reading the responses I've had I am very interested in RH. Lots of helpful information.
That would mirror some of @Brunneria experience!
Those are similar symptoms to mine as well!

Don't forget, if you need answers,we will try and answer them!

Best wishes. Keep us updated on your progress.