Type 2 2

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
This is interesting.

It may be worth pointing out that there is no way you would be expecting to get blood glucose rising within 20 mins of a meal of scrambled egg, mushrooms and bacon. They are all foods that release much more slowly than 20 mins.

If I ate that meal, I wouldn't expect to see a bg rise for... um... approx an hour. Maybe 2-3 hours. And then the rise would be from protein, not from carbs, since it is basically a carb free meal.

Which leads me to speculate that maybe the drop you are experiencing 20 mins after lunch, is a result of the high you got after your toast/porridge breakfast. Which would mean that you were already plummeting towards a hypo before you ate your eggs and bacon.

What do you think, @Lamont D ?
Do you see what I mean?

You can test it, if you like. Don't have the carbs for breakfast. Have the bacon, egg and mushroom instead. Then test like a hawk all morning. If that protein meal doesn't give you a hypo at 20 mins after eating, then my suggestion above many have merit.

(Of course, I may be completely wrong. But running these little self experiments allows you to map out what is happening, and will, in time, give you an excellent understanding of how YOUR body reacts, in its own unique way, to the food you eat)

Every thing is worth exploring.
we are just speculating whatis happening.
Because of the porridge, which is really bad for me and your levels, you are trying to correct either the shaky hypo symptoms or the next meal which will either give you a hypo or as @Brunneria has said on the hypo down ward trend. Or a sugar boost depending on what you eat!
It is extremely difficult to control with such a boost of glucose in the morning.
I always found testing meals in the late afternoon best for good reliable readings.
You should start the day low carb and see what happens.

Loobielooz_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
With @Brunneria all the way.
If you start the day with carbohydrates then you are on the roller coaster for the rest of the day.
Coffee with butter and cream is always a good start to the day if you are dairy tolerant.
Eggs scrambled in butter are a good breakfast.

If you can start the day stable then hopefully the rest of the day will be easier.
I can tolerate dairy & it sounds delicious too. Thank you. Although it may sound silly I'm gonna eat 'normally' until I've seen the doc on Thursday, otherwise she won't believe me. I'll report back in a few days. I can't thank you enough for all of your help and advice x