PHC Conference LIVE STREAM: Saturday-Sunday 17/18 June

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am posting this to bump the thread to the top of Recent Posts list again. :)

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Did anyone watch this or go? Would love to hear what the feedback is!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Hi Tim

I was there and met @Zebediah as well as @Administrator and Charlotte from diabetes.co.uk

Completely amazing and inspiring weekend. The quality of the speakers and the explanation of new scientific thinking was awe-inspiring. There is also a lot of evidence of a grass roots movement of people all around the country who are starting to take control of their health without involving their GP's or other HCP's. They have been inspired by all the successes that they have had and want to spread the word.
Local support groups are being set up all over the country some with GP involvement like the Unwin's group in Southport others by people with diabetes who are successfully putting their condition into remission and want to evangelise.
Sam Feltham and the PHC volunteers did a great job and the caterers provided low carb lunches and cream with coffee!

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@bulkbiker You lucky thing. I missed some of them but saw Zoe, Malcolm and David and a few others then the family turned up for Fathers day so missed the rest. Will look forward to when they are published (hopefully with better sound).

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I really wanted to go, but it wasn't possible, this year.

Glad you had a great time BB, and look forward to hearing more details. :D

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I watched from home but it was challenging. The microphone was in the audience apparently being held by someone with a bad cough. The camera didn't seem to have a pan and tilt facility which meant the operator wrestling with it and sometimes losing. I suspect it was Charlotte since for a short time I was looking up her nose. People who came to look through the glass door were mildly distracting.

There were very large parts where it didn't hang with the whirly thing going but during a break a couple were right in front of the camera. I wonder if they knew how many people were listening.

Despite all that, can we do it again next year.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I watched from home but it was challenging. The microphone was in the audience apparently being held by someone with a bad cough. The camera didn't seem to have a pan and tilt facility which meant the operator wrestling with it and sometimes losing. I suspect it was Charlotte since for a short time I was looking up her nose. People who came to look through the glass door were mildly distracting.

There were very large parts where it didn't hang with the whirly thing going but during a break a couple were right in front of the camera. I wonder if they knew how many people were listening.

Despite all that, can we do it again next year.

I think the live stream was from Charlotte or Arjun's phone but there were also other camera's about so it may be that the talks will appear online after some editing. I hope so as there was a wealth of knowledge and information disseminated over the weekend.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think the live stream was from Charlotte or Arjun's phone but there were also other camera's about so it may be that the talks will appear online after some editing. I hope so as there was a wealth of knowledge and information disseminated over the weekend.
If you could put up with the sound and the difficulty with the camera then I thought the quality of the talks was very high. They should have been recorded since this message is going to have to be repeated quite a few more times as new people get on board.

Last edited:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I read just now that the whole thing was recorded so hope they will all come out on the PHC web page soon.
Definitely incredibly high quality of presentations with quite a bit of new info.

Reactions: Salvia

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I slept through each day of the conference - (I'm on the west coast of the US ;) )

I've watched perhaps 4 of the recorded lectures, want to view the rest. By the way, if anyone wishes to do same just click on the link in post #1 (though you may have to register for the low carb program first; I had to re-register).

Thrilled to hear the conference was so well attended and that support groups are popping up in the UK. Our local diabetes group here is still going strong.

I want to watch the David Unwin lecture next, but can't find it. There are 6 videos posted, each with 2 to 3 presentations. Does anyone know which video has Dr. Unwin?

It would be so great if each video could eventually be labeled with the presenters names, though I'm sure the staff are in need of a much needed rest! :)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I slept through each day of the conference - (I'm on the west coast of the US ;) )

I've watched perhaps 4 of the recorded lectures, want to view the rest. By the way, if anyone wishes to do same just click on the link in post #1 (though you may have to register for the low carb program first; I had to re-register).

Thrilled to hear the conference was so well attended and that support groups are popping up in the UK. Our local diabetes group here is still going strong.

I want to watch the David Unwin lecture next, but can't find it. There are 6 videos posted, each with 2 to 3 presentations. Does anyone know which video has Dr. Unwin?

It would be so great if each video could eventually be labeled with the presenters names, though I'm sure the staff are in need of a much needed rest! :)
Hope the link works.. the Unwins are about 1 hour 40 minutes into the most recent one on this feed I hope,,
https://www.facebook.com/LowCarbProgram/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED