Heat/hypo warning..

howlin316

With the temperatures pushing the mid 30's just wanted to warn all insulin users to take extra care with managing their blood glucose levels, personally I am adjusting each day but am averaging about 2 hypos a day at the moment, so taking extra glucose everywhere and testing more frequently is essential, take care out there folks :)

Been a nightmare few days lots of lows one so bad I went a bit nuts . Luckily my partner brought me round . I hate this weather it sucks as I can't enjoy it .

ZoeRowsell

With the temperatures pushing the mid 30's just wanted to warn all insulin users to take extra care with managing their blood glucose levels, personally I am adjusting each day but am averaging about 2 hypos a day at the moment, so taking extra glucose everywhere and testing more frequently is essential, take care out there folks :)

Type 2 here suffering. Was sick as a dog last night. Can't seem to stay hydrated so matter how much I drink. Cooler today but humidity is ridiculous so my sinuses are playing up too now. Grrrrr.
Stay safe everyone. X

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Just about to go into a meeting and hypo again... at the moment hypos are unpredictable...

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Much cooler today where I am, so I took the plunge and reverted to my normal basal this morning and breakfast I:C ratio and I even put jeans on instead of shorts - the legs had had enough airing for one year!

no doubt the sun will come out and the temps will soar and I'll be hypo'ing all day..........

Reactions: Juicyj

Boozon

Type of diabetes
LADA
I'm LADA and not on Insulin at the moment. Fasting has gone from 6 to 9 over the last few days. Not sure if it's the hot weather or the end of me not being on insulin

Okulu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Am I the only person that's spent the last 4 days requiring MORE rather than less insulin, and now, with temperatures much more reasonable, have had 3 hypos in the last 12 hours...?! Bloody nightmare.

Lynz84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I hate this weather. Cant relax enough to sleep because im not convinced enough a hypo wont happen unpredictably. Bring back the cold lol

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Just about to go into a meeting and hypo again... at the moment hypos are unpredictable...

Strange isn't it, I had a 3.8 two hours after lunch which was unusual :mad: