What's On Your Mind Today thread (WOYMT) v.1 T1ED style.

asortafairytale

DWED Support
Staff Member
So I forgot my finger pricker today when I went into work. Ended up feeling weird and thought I was hypo, so raided the sugar cannister. Came home and tested only to find I am as high as a kite and was probably either high in the first place or just dizzy from the heat. Fail. I don't know how I always manage to forget the most important diabetes stuff when I go places, think I'd got the hang of it by now! I really should keep my strips, meter and pricker in a pouch but I just tend to fling the all in whatever handbag I am using.

Also, hands up who can't remember the time they changed their lancet last? :rolleyes:o_O

The heat is at least helping me to stay out of supermarkets because I just want to stay out of the sun. I don't need any more food.

JeffGoodwin

Like asortafairytale, I rarely change my lancets, but I do take my blood sampling stuff. And also like fariytale I sometimes think I am low when I am high, rarely vice versa though, it's a funny thing diabetes, and that's after 43 years.

saruhbeau

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I changed my lancet yesterday! First time since April. Oops. The reason I had to change it is cos I washed my hands and tested cos I felt hypo. I'm using dexcom and it was time to calibrate it anyway. When I tested it said I was 27.0! I was so confused... found a new lancet drum and I was actually 3.5.

I have done the same thing as your Claire, lraving pricker at home. I think it's cos my meter doesn't have a case. It just clips on to my meter but it always falls off. I usually lose it at the bottom of my bag!! Grr.

I have had a **** blood sugar day today. I feel like I have been hypo all bloody day. And I was at work which made it worse. I work at Waitrose atm and seem to spend all day eating sugar packets from by the coffee machine. I need to start remembering to pack enough glucojuce.

Need to get in touch with dsn this week to find out if she has managed to talk to the consultants to get the ok from them to apply for funding for a pump! I hope it won't take too long :)

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
So I forgot my finger pricker today when I went into work. Ended up feeling weird and thought I was hypo, so raided the sugar cannister. Came home and tested only to find I am as high as a kite and was probably either high in the first place or just dizzy from the heat. Fail. I don't know how I always manage to forget the most important diabetes stuff when I go places, think I'd got the hang of it by now! I really should keep my strips, meter and pricker in a pouch but I just tend to fling the all in whatever handbag I am using.

Also, hands up who can't remember the time they changed their lancet last? :rolleyes:o_O

The heat is at least helping me to stay out of supermarkets because I just want to stay out of the sun. I don't need any more food.
I get caught like that too! I know the symptoms so well, yet from time to time they switch.

Reactions: MrGrumpyD

fletchweb

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other

That sucks - I used to be very self aware of what my Blood Glucose levels were doing when I was younger but that has changed over the years. It's amazing how much I rely on my Glucometer now to determine dosage and number of shots in a course of a day especially if I'm eating something that I should not be eating LOL
Maybe it's time to keep a spare Meter/strips at work - I should really do the same thing.

Reactions: MrGrumpyD

asortafairytale

DWED Support
Staff Member
Lol make me sound like am looking for a date lol.

Well hope all I here are ok and dealing with the hate of food as I am ....
nooo do feel free to post! Please do!

Today I am feeling hella panicky about an event thing I am going to for DWED tomorrow gahhhh. I always worry about what I say/think/do/over-analyse details. But I have done it before and it has been okay. So *breaatthhhee*. Stupid anxiety, go die you toxic thing!

asortafairytale

DWED Support
Staff Member
I will be from now on ..... now I know what it's called .....diabul...is my short for it

That sounds like 'dire bull', which poor bull are you calling dire?! :***: Haha. (okay where is the laughing emoticon, I cannot find him!)

Really good to see some more posts. :) I hadn't been here in a while as it had been so quiet that I'd not checked in, with fear that it really was starting to look like I was talking to myself.

Angrysadhappy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Just found this forum today... I have been omitting insulin for over 10 years to varying degrees. I have been therapy for 4 years. I am now in recovery and 4 stone overweight. feels a bit odd typing it here - but I have to tell someone who isn't my therapist or I might implode.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just found this forum today... I have been omitting insulin for over 10 years to varying degrees. I have been therapy for 4 years. I am now in recovery and 4 stone overweight. feels a bit odd typing it here - but I have to tell someone who isn't my therapist or I might implode.

Hi Angrysadhappy - I'm not T1, so can't offer you any relevant experience on this, but I'll tag @asortafairytale who started the thread, as I'm sure she'd love to welcome you.

Good luck with your continuing journey. :)