Vape

MH2010

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just curious.

Has anyone here used a Vape to stop smoking??

If so, what flavour Vapes did you use?

I have just started using one (along with cigs) and it tases like caramel snack a jacks haha. LOVE it!

LidiaS

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I haven't smoked at all since I discovered vaping, two years now, tried pretty much every flavour out there, finally settled on blackcurrant with 6mg of nicotine, it's my favourite. I'd say stay away from the tobacco flavours, there's no point in trying to trying to make vaping taste like smoking, it just doesn't. I didn't intend to stop smoking, I just wanted an alternative for when lighting up was impossible, but within a few days I realised I actually preferred vaping, bonus, I've saved a fortune!

Reactions: MH2010

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I stopped smoking years ago.
What does it cost now a tenner a day?

MuntiJay

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
I think that it's useless thing, if you want to quit smoking then just stop

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My daughter was a smoker and then she decided to switch to vaping. Problem is now (that I see) she has replaced one addiction with another and if she doesnt have access to her vaping thingie she turns into a monster from hell. And this is a vape without nicotine, or low nicotine.

I agree with @MuntiJay if you want to stop smoking I wouldnt replace it with something that hasnt been around long enough to see if it causes you any harm

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I found that any of the minty flavours were nice but the fruit flavours were just weird. My problem was that the vape turned into a sort of baby's dummy, it was never far from my mouth. The immediate benefit was a clearer chest and nicer smelling hair and home. I won't go into why I returned to the dreaded weed but vamping has been deemed by the World Health Organisation to be over 95% safe. Obviously you are still getting the nicotine so you are not swapping one addiction for another at all. Good luck, fingers crossed for you.

Reactions: MH2010

MH2010

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I found that any of the minty flavours were nice but the fruit flavours were just weird. My problem was that the vape turned into a sort of baby's dummy, it was never far from my mouth. The immediate benefit was a clearer chest and nicer smelling hair and home. I won't go into why I returned to the dreaded weed but vamping has been deemed by the World Health Organisation to be over 95% safe. Obviously you are still getting the nicotine so you are not swapping one addiction for another at all. Good luck, fingers crossed for you.

Each to their own, I aint here to judge.

I have saw they do weed, vodka, whisky, etc flavours, weird lol.

I have got the flavours with 0 nicotine in them so should be better than just sparking up a fag (I hope lol)

Reactions: Guzzler

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi What sweets are best for type 2 Diabetic
None, really :(

There are some made with artificial sweeteners which, on the whole, don't taste great and, as an added bonus, can upset your stomach a treat.

The only real option is to have chocolate with a high cocoa content. Aldi and Lidl both do similar products (90% cocoa, I think), with about 5g carbs per portion but they are a bit too bitter for me, though I can manage the next step down - 75% cocoa - which has about 7.5 g of carbs per serving.

Strawberries dipped in melted dark chocolate are another alternative to consider, but you'll need to exercise portion control :).

HTH