Survey- sugar free drinks

Nomi

Hi all,

I'm collecting opinions on the availability of sugar free drinks.
I'm diabetic and getting a bit frustrated with mixing everything with Diet Coke on a night out. I want to join in on cocktails and other fun drinks!

Please complete my survey, if there is enough interest I'm going to look at ways of getting alternative drinks in the pub and anywhere else I can manage :)

www.surveymonkey.com/r/KGQZTKH

Thanks!

D

Deleted member 308541

Please complete my survey, if there is enough interest I'm going to look at ways of getting alternative drinks in the pub and anywhere else I can manage :)
I cannot do your survey as it basically UK only.

I know at the bowls club where I am a member, and a volunteer barman that our club policy is no non popular drinks on sale. If only a minority drink them it is not cost effective for the club so they do not stock them.

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just completed the survey, not sure if there is a lo cal red wine available!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,

I'm diabetic and getting a bit frustrated with mixing everything with Diet Coke on a night out. I want to join in on cocktails and other fun drinks!

Thanks!

Nomi - on your list of drinks bought on a night out, there is no option for soft drinks, except under the category of "Other", then you go on to focus on those further down the survey. For many reasons, including "designated driver", some people will only drink soft drinks. Just a thought.

MikeTurin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Some problems with the survey:
  1. No option if one lives outside UK
  2. No option for soft drinks
  3. No option for plain or carbonated water
  4. No option to specify what kind of preferred drinks one wants: I'd like to taste some special beer like MARSTON'S RESOLUTION or the LEFFE TRIPLE...

Nomi

Apologies I was really only looking at the UK, I can update it to include other countries. I was thinking more around the availability of low sugar alcoholic drinks which is why the survey doesn't really discuss soft drinks, but it's good to know people want those too. Something to consider

Thanks for the feedback.

Hammer1964

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Meat, meat substitutes and fish
Hi all,

Thanks!

Done

Fleegle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,

Thanks!
Done - good luck with it - low cal cocktails would be brilliant.

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Done I just drink diet coke and vodka as I can't taste the vodka and you don't get the kick in your throat as you do with some spirits

gavin86

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have definitely noticed. I remember when I was a kid, almost every fizzy drink had a diet option... now that I'm type1 (this year) the only one I can usually get is coke/Pepsi.. very occasionally sprite. (Unless buying big bottles).
Not sure if it's the same in UK?

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have definitely noticed. I remember when I was a kid, almost every fizzy drink had a diet option... now that I'm type1 (this year) the only one I can usually get is coke/Pepsi.. very occasionally sprite. (Unless buying big bottles).
Not sure if it's the same in UK?
I love diet ginger beer and wish it was available in pubs, and in small convenience stores in cans! I can buy 2l bottles and multipacks of cans at the supermarket. If I want a soft drink in a pub I'll often have a slimline tonic water, but I ALWAYS ask if they've got Schweppes, because other (artisan, I guess) brands such as Fevertree - and others - are NOT carbfree (the slimline versions, I mean). Which I just don't understand. Slimline Schweppes is fine.

In the 80s there was a brand of pop called 'One Cal' which seemed to be everywhere for a short while - it came in a vast number of flavours - I loved the appleade.

The other day I was out and about and fancied a cold drink other than water (always an option, of course, but I find it boring) - the tiny shop I went to had only diet cherry Pepsi as a sugar free option. Had never had cherry cola before - it was lovely!

I always carry a tiny bottle of sugar free squash concentrate in my bag - a newish product called Robinsons Squashems. It pimps a bottle of water with fruit flavour really nicely.

I realise that there are reputed health issues linked to artificial sweeteners, and I do consume a lot of them. Perhaps I need to train myself to enjoy drinking water.

:)

Reactions: dogslife

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Survey completed. Good idea to encourage more choice especially when eating out. Diet coke or plain sparkling mineral water are all I can order in most places. I can't tolerate alcohol with the medication I'm taking so even sugar free "flavoured" water would make a change. I used to order a tomato juice whilst waiting for a meal but nowhere seems to stock these anymore.

Reactions: Snapsy

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Reactions: Snapsy

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I do not dink alcohol so I find it virtually impossible to get sugar free soft drinks in pubs and restaurants apart from diet Pepsi or Coke which I can't stand so I usually end up with a sparkling mineral water.

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
Just completed the survey, not sure if there is a lo cal red wine available![/QUOTE

Do Weight Watchers still do a low cal wine? They used to do a pink blush and a white wine. They may even do red now. This was a few years ago.

fletchweb

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Apologies I was really only looking at the UK, I can update it to include other countries. I was thinking more around the availability of low sugar alcoholic drinks which is why the survey doesn't really discuss soft drinks, but it's good to know people want those too. Something to consider

Thanks for the feedback.
I ended up picking Yorkshire as that is where my Grandparents came from LOL - I'm a colonial :)