leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
20170629_231542-1.jpg
This is an example of diabetic foot problems. This will need to be treated and soon.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Please get your foot looked at asap

SugarDaddy91

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Wasps. Terrified of wasps. And retinopathy.
Is it dry or is it seeping fluid? And does it hurt or do you not feel it? How are your feet in general? Any neuropathy?
Generally your foot looks well circulated. That is a good thing, although I would need to see it to be completely sure. It means that with the proper care it can recover well! It happens to us every now and then because our wounds take longer time to heal, we can get necrosis and our wounds can worsen before they get better. On wounds like these, I would say that small amounts of friction causes cells to take damage. Normally, we would recover in moments, before they even turn into wounds, but because of the diabetes it takes a longer time to recover. Thus, friction can much more easily cause wounds like these on our feet. From what I remember from my books on wound care (this is quite a few years ago). Are your shoes well fit? Usually on the medial side of the big toe, sores usually develop because of shoe wear that's not fitting too well.
A good test to see if the foot is well circulated is:
Press the tip of your toe and see how long it takes before it goes from whiteish to redish again. Should take about 2 seconds for it to refill, if not, peripheral circulation can be a bit reduced. But there are ways to treat that!
Hope it helps.

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
All good with the foot. Just some minor discoloration at a friction point. No serious damage.

Reactions: serenity648

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
To all those who replied to this post - thank you. It means so much to me!

FatBoyT

This is how I found out that your skin has different receptors whilst I can feel my feet it would appear that I don't feel heat or pain whilst at the same time my feet are ticklish and I can't walk on stones..... go figure. Anyhow after an hour of walking around a swimming pool I got 2nd degree burns and spent a day in hospital.:(
20140118_144725.jpg

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
This is how I found out that your skin has different receptors whilst I can feel my feet it would appear that I don't feel heat or pain whilst at the same time my feet are ticklish and I can't walk on stones..... go figure. Anyhow after an hour of walking around a swimming pool I got 2nd degree burns and spent a day in hospital.:(
View attachment 23326
OUCH!!

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
It could be worse...BOOT-ULISM! yes I know SHUDDUP!!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I think your foot has gone to your head! :rolleyes: @leslie10152 Ha ha
I'm pleased you've had it checked and treated by your gp or dn. :) :) :)
Do you have to go back?

Thongkon007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Your symptoms are a little bit. My mother's too mush symptoms. And takes a long time.

I hope your symptoms improve. ;)

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
I think your foot has gone to your head! :rolleyes: @leslie10152 Ha ha
I'm pleased you've had it checked and treated by your gp or dn. :) :) :)
Do you have to go back?
I was worried that I had TOE-MAIN POISONING! BUT THEN IT COULD HAVE BEEN "BOOT-ULISM"!!!