What are you doing in the Summer?

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football, Rugby, Sweede, Parsnips, Beetroot
So since summers coming up or if you're currently on summer (because of schools/college overseas) what are you guys doing

Me:
Me and my family since we've been to quite a few countries before we came to uk. I know me and my family are going to Wales . Cardiff for a week or bit less. Probably be checking out the Doctor Who experience there and see some other places around. But here's a question. What are some other good places to go to in Wales? and if any of you guys have been to Wales did you enjoy your trip?

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So since summers coming up or if you're currently on summer (because of schools/college overseas) what are you guys doing

Me:
Me and my family since we've been to quite a few countries before we came to uk. I know me and my family are going to Wales . Cardiff for a week or bit less. Probably be checking out the Doctor Who experience there and see some other places around. But here's a question. What are some other good places to go to in Wales? and if any of you guys have been to Wales did you enjoy your trip?
We used to visit North Wales a lot, we had friends who lived near the Lleyn peninsular. I have to be honest and say that our idea of a good time is a long coastal walk and a visit to a local museum which - I'm guessing - may not be your thing :) There are some fabulous beaches up there.

In South Wales, I've only ever been to the Gower Peninsular, which is very beautiful but, once again, wrinkly fodder, rather than a place for teenagers. There are, once again, lots of beautiful beaches and both Swansea and Cardiff have most of the things you'd expect in a big city, like leisure centres, music venues, cinemas and theatres (which will almost certainly be doing light-hearted summer stuff during the holidays - Google is your friend).

A word of warning - in Wales, it can rain - A LOT - and then rain some more. Don't let that put you off, but pack waterproofs as well as beach wear. Hope you have a great time :D.

We're going to the Isles of Scilly, which is also quiet and full of spectacular walking, for a week but we're also thinking about a cheap and cheerful week in the Mediterranean once the schools and colleges have gone back. Sorry about that - we've been parents and/or Mrs h-c has worked at a Primary School for years, so this is our first chance of a cheapie outside peak holiday season for, erm, years ..... :D. In between times, we're also going to a couple of small festivals close to home, featuring bands that you will never have heard of.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't have a holiday planned this year as my 16 year old step-son is moving in over the summer and as he isn't house-trained yet we cant leave him alone.

I will be visiting many tourist attractions around the West Midlands with my 8 year old granddaughter - to give her a break from her mom and her mom a break from her.

My step-son gets a break this year as he signed up to the National Citizenship Scheme which is aimed at school leavers and they take them on a couple of residentials around the UK to do things like abseiling, canooeing, rock climbing etc. Worried as he's such a fussy eater and I cant imagine him trying anything new.

What will you be doing?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Wednesday 28 June. Not going anywhere but learning to snorkel on the way to the wheelie bin!

Really, 24 hours of persistant heavy rain in June? I am changing my name to Marina!

SugarDaddy91

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Wasps. Terrified of wasps. And retinopathy.
Going to attempt to make my house liveable again. I have two irish setters who have gone through potty-training on my wall-to-wall carpets.
Sadly no vacation this year :(

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We have a motorhome so we go away locally most weekends & we're spending a week in Essex & Norfolk just before the schools break up for summer (our kids are grown up) then after the schools go back in September we are off to France for 10 days. :D

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
going to New Zealand soon, I know there are many beautiful rivers and lakes
<Envy> :)

It's on our list of places to go when we take our "Gap Year", possibly next year, (and possibly more than a year) :cool: