The SCREAM thread

MikeTurin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Maybe a young 1.5 yr old dog is still puppyish as well as more calm. Whatever your decision, wish you all the best
Thank you for the aswers, searching for a 1 year old dog could be a good idea, was also my idea. I'm thinking to wait some time before starting to search for a new dog, and anyway I was thinking a smaller dog, like a basset hound or a beagle.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
This morning I was at my parents' home my mum called me because their German shepherd (the surviving dog) was really quiet and didn't eat anything. I think he died silently last evening, was 15 years old.
Then I had to dig a hole for burying him because my dad and my mum are old and dig for a meter is hard, especially on Sunday morning.
And then I had to make the dog unregistration, but was easy because there's a website for it.
Now I have to counsel my parents and don't feel ashamed for the binge eating of chocolate bars and almond nuts...
Next I think I'll start to search a nice puppy to give to my parents.
Sorry to hear about your family loss. Hugs from me.

S

Sable_Jan

Thank you for the aswers, searching for a 1 year old dog could be a good idea, was also my idea. I'm thinking to wait some time before starting to search for a new dog, and anyway I was thinking a smaller dog, like a basset hound or a beagle.
A good friend of ours, made through adopting more than one of her dogs, lost her last one on 24th May, but was only up to telling us a few days ago. Her hurt & loss are hard for her and she's not been able to even pick up toys & wash blankets yet. We heard of a sweet girl, maybe ideal for her but sadly she's just not ready yet.... what we find hardest is when a couple are looking to adopt after a loss and one can't wait for another dog to love & heal the hurt and the other really can't face it yet...
Hugs for you & parents

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This morning I was at my parents' home my mum called me because their German shepherd (the surviving dog) was really quiet and didn't eat anything. I think he died silently last evening, was 15 years old.
Then I had to dig a hole for burying him because my dad and my mum are old and dig for a meter is hard, especially on Sunday morning.
And then I had to make the dog unregistration, but was easy because there's a website for it.
Now I have to counsel my parents and don't feel ashamed for the binge eating of chocolate bars and almond nuts...
Next I think I'll start to search a nice puppy to give to my parents.
Hugs to you and your folks. I hope you've had some luck with a puppy.

Just read @Sable_Jan message, I think she may have a point re a puppy. Maybe an older rescue dog?:)

Reactions: Sable_Jan

SugarDaddy91

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Wasps. Terrified of wasps. And retinopathy.
I've just now come to the realization that blood sugars are quite a private thing to diabetics and comments from non-diabetics on my post-prandial blood sugar being around 7 is a very offensive thing. Never thought it would bother me, but it's within the normal range, so I am not sure why I am bothered by it. Ignorance is annoying, I guess? Of course, if they were diabetic themselves I would not have minded a comment such as that as I consider most diabetics my seniors within the field. There is also a whole social concept to this thing that I need to learn.
That was today's scream.

D

debrasue

I've just now come to the realization that blood sugars are quite a private thing to diabetics and comments from non-diabetics on my post-prandial blood sugar being around 7 is a very offensive thing. Never thought it would bother me, but it's within the normal range, so I am not sure why I am bothered by it. Ignorance is annoying, I guess? Of course, if they were diabetic themselves I would not have minded a comment such as that as I consider most diabetics my seniors within the field. There is also a whole social concept to this thing that I need to learn.
That was today's scream.
And you're not alone - I can identify with you on this, and I'm sure others will, too.

S

Sable_Jan

That was today's scream.

Hugs to you. ... sound like you're doing well..... you'll find some are obsessed with getting levels as low as possible .... lower even than "normal" readings.... whatever normal really is ....

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Grrrscreechpullinmyhairoutlostallpatience!

A couple of months ago my neighbour decided it was a good idea to burn off her years of garden waste. The problem was we hadn't had any rain for weeks and she lit the fire and then she just left it! Fast forward thirty minutes and my son had to knock at her door to tell her that not only her overgrown Hawthorn hedge but our adjoining fence was ablaze. Fire Brigade to a further hour to put out the blaze and damp down.
Three weeks later, after promising to replace the fence, the stupid woman did the same thing and again lit the fire and left it.
I am a wheelchair user but my son took me to the bottom of the garden to see the finally renewed fence only to find that she has put all the semi burned waste and grass clippings up against the new fence and because all the shrubs on her side died it is obvious from our side and looks a right mess as well as being bone dry and she obviously hasn't learned her lesson about setting garden fires.
The woman is middle aged, how do you even survive that long being so lacking in common sense?
I thought about putting a hedge in on our side but can't be sure that she won't set fires again. Honestly, it looks a right mess and to add insult to injury she has had a fence panel put in so that she can't see all the mess.

The older I get the less patience I have. Chunter, chunter, grumble.

S

Sable_Jan

Grrrscreechpullinmyhairoutlostallpatience!

A couple of months ago my neighbour decided it was a good idea to burn off her years of garden waste. The problem was we hadn't had any rain for weeks and she lit the fire and then she just left it! Fast forward thirty minutes and my son had to knock at her door to tell her that not only her overgrown Hawthorn hedge but our adjoining fence was ablaze. Fire Brigade to a further hour to put out the blaze and damp down.
Three weeks later, after promising to replace the fence, the stupid woman did the same thing and again lit the fire and left it.
I am a wheelchair user but my son took me to the bottom of the garden to see the finally renewed fence only to find that she has put all the semi burned waste and grass clippings up against the new fence and because all the shrubs on her side died it is obvious from our side and looks a right mess as well as being bone dry and she obviously hasn't learned her lesson about setting garden fires.
The woman is middle aged, how do you even survive that long being so lacking in common sense?
I thought about putting a hedge in on our side but can't be sure that she won't set fires again. Honestly, it looks a right mess and to add insult to injury she has had a fence panel put in so that she can't see all the mess.

The older I get the less patience I have. Chunter, chunter, grumble.
You have my sympathies.....

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
What is it with Sunday's . If something is going to happen to Ron it's always on Sunday's . Last Sunday he had several angina attacks , now today he was out in the garden pottering about . Then all of a sudden his panic alarm went off. Rushed out to help him and he said his legs felt like jelly. Helped him in which took ages, he's had lunch, now having a nap. I just hate Sunday's .

S

Sable_Jan

What is it with Sunday's . If something is going to happen to Ron it's always on Sunday's . Last Sunday he had several angina attacks , now today he was out in the garden pottering about . Then all of a sudden his panic alarm went off. Rushed out to help him and he said his legs felt like jelly. Helped him in which took ages, he's had lunch, now having a nap. I just hate Sunday's .
Hugs for you both..
Could be the heat of direct sun if it's as hot s we've got. Pleasant indoors & in shade but mega HOT in direct sun.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Hugs for you both..
Could be the heat of direct sun if it's as hot s we've got. Pleasant indoors & in shade but mega HOT in direct sun.
While he was asleep he had a head spasm not had those in a while .

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cant say why but I'm screaming inside as to the situation my daughter has got into with her boyfriend. Let's say its serious and she knows how to pick them. Lets see how it pans out