Type 2 Pains

P1ckle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm getting such pain in one foot today. It's like a burning pain that comes and goes quickly like stabbing with a hot poker. Is this normal and how can I stop it because it's so painful

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Perhaps you could add a high quality B-complex? 5 of the 8 B-vitamins are important for managing and reversing neuropathy. Hope you're feeling better soon. :)

Reactions: ickihun and P1ckle

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Vitamin B12 and Alpha Lipoic Acid may help. Having low blood sugars will help prevent neuropathy.

Unfortunately, just taking pills like Metformin does not reduce blood sugars down to non diabetic levels. To do this you need to change your diet. Many people here use a LCHF diet to achieve this.

Last edited:
Reactions: P1ckle

P1ckle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you both. I'm starting LCHF straight away. I can't get sugars down with changes I've made so far.

Reactions: ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I swear by r-ala supplement.
A few threads on it, give them a read?

P1ckle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pain in my foot all night and pain in my hand this morning. Ordering some now

librarising

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm getting such pain in one foot today. It's like a burning pain that comes and goes quickly like stabbing with a hot poker. Is this normal and how can I stop it because it's so painful
Is it a general pain in your foot, or is it localised ? I ask because I used to suffer from gout, and that could feel just like a hot poker, usually in my big toe.
Geoff

P1ckle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is it a general pain in your foot, or is it localised ? I ask because I used to suffer from gout, and that could feel just like a hot poker, usually in my big toe.
Geoff

It's general pain. Starts towards the back of my foot and moves along to my toes. Then stops for a while then goes again.

LadyLovely

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I get this at night only. Sometimes like mild pins and needles but other times severe burning. Nothing through the day. DN tested negative for neuropathy. No other thoughts from her as to cause. What other symptoms would I get if it's gout?

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you I tried looking and couldn't find it (not very techno forum smart)
Double click on the text that is in red in that post. It will jump you straight to the relevant thread on ALA. Or type in ALA into the search box in the top RH corner of the screen and then hit return key, and you should get a list of threads containing the term ALA (or whatever you type in the box) Again, select the text in red to jump to the thread.

P1ckle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Double click on the text that is in red in that post. It will jump you straight to the relevant thread on ALA. Or type in ALA into the search box in the top RH corner of the screen and then hit return key, and you should get a list of threads containing the term ALA (or whatever you type in the box) Again, select the text in red to jump to the thread.

Thank youuuuuuu

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
From one of my older posts...

This is interesting...

Post-Marketing Surveillance of Fixed Dose Combination of Methylcobalamin, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Folic Acid, Biotin, Benfotiamine & Vitamin B6-Nutripathy for the Management of Peripheral Neuropathy, Vol.4 No.2, May 2014

http://www.scirp.org/journal/PaperInformation.aspx?PaperID=46105

ABSTRACT

Background: Peripheral neuropathy is a commonly encountered troublesome condition which is often disabling & worsens when left untreated. Traditional neuropathic pain medications primarily provide symptomatic relief; however, the pathogenesis of nerve damage remains unresolved. Extensive literature survey reveals that patients with peripheral neuropathy experience significant benefits with the use of B-vitamins like methylcobalamin (B12), folic acid (B9), biotin (B7), benfotiamine (B1) and pyridoxine (B6). The other well documented antineuropathic agents include alpha lipoic acid, glutathione, omega fatty acids, myoinositol, certain trace elements, etc.Materials and Methods: A multicentre, prospective, open-label, non-comparative clinical study was carried out in 497 patients with peripheral neuropathy. A fixed dose combination of methylcobalamin, alpha lipoic acid (ALA), folic acid, biotin, benfotiamine & vitamin B6 capsule was orally administered once daily for 12 weeks.Results: Treatment led to significant reduction from baseline score in various neuropathy symptoms from the 4th week itself. After 12 weeks of treatment, the mean pain score declined by 78.0%, numbness by 92.1% and muscle weakness by 96.9%. Also, there was 96.0% & 99.2% reduction in tingling & burning sensation respectively. No serious adverse events were reported.Conclusion: The current study confirms that fixed dose combination of methylcobalamin, ALA, folic acid, biotin, benfotiamine & vitamin B6 is effective & well tolerated in the management of peripheral neuropathy.

The full study can be downloaded in PDF format.

@P1ckle here's 10 pages of information on reversing peripheral neuropathy... http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/help-in-dealing-with-neuropathy.74653/

I encourage you to make a little time each day to read this entire thread. It's about an hour and a half read. As you read through it, note 1) member names, 2) post number, 3) what nutritional supplements they're taking, frequency, and dosage, and 4) how it's helping their symptoms. If you can do that, you'll have a nice cheat sheet on how to get started and what to expect.

I believe that most diabetic complications are reversible, particularly peripheral neuropathy. The low carb diet and glucose monitoring throughout the day is foundational. Be patient. Symptoms take time to resolve once you begin treatment. Hope you're feeling better in month or so. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: P1ckle

P1ckle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

This is interesting...

Post-Marketing Surveillance of Fixed Dose Combination of Methylcobalamin, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Folic Acid, Biotin, Benfotiamine & Vitamin B6-Nutripathy for the Management of Peripheral Neuropathy, Vol.4 No.2, May 2014

ABSTRACT

Background: Peripheral neuropathy is a commonly encountered troublesome condition which is often disabling & worsens when left untreated. Traditional neuropathic pain medications primarily provide symptomatic relief; however, the pathogenesis of nerve damage remains unresolved. Extensive literature survey reveals that patients with peripheral neuropathy experience significant benefits with the use of B-vitamins like methylcobalamin (B12), folic acid (B9), biotin (B7), benfotiamine (B1) and pyridoxine (B6). The other well documented antineuropathic agents include alpha lipoic acid, glutathione, omega fatty acids, myoinositol, certain trace elements, etc.Materials and Methods: A multicentre, prospective, open-label, non-comparative clinical study was carried out in 497 patients with peripheral neuropathy. A fixed dose combination of methylcobalamin, alpha lipoic acid (ALA), folic acid, biotin, benfotiamine & vitamin B6 capsule was orally administered once daily for 12 weeks.Results: Treatment led to significant reduction from baseline score in various neuropathy symptoms from the 4th week itself. After 12 weeks of treatment, the mean pain score declined by 78.0%, numbness by 92.1% and muscle weakness by 96.9%. Also, there was 96.0% & 99.2% reduction in tingling & burning sensation respectively. No serious adverse events were reported.Conclusion: The current study confirms that fixed dose combination of methylcobalamin, ALA, folic acid, biotin, benfotiamine & vitamin B6 is effective & well tolerated in the management of peripheral neuropathy.

@P1ckle here's 10 pages of information on reversing peripheral neuropathy... http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/help-in-dealing-with-neuropathy.74653/

I encourage you to make a little time each day to read this entire thread. It's about an hour and a half read. As you read through it, note 1) member names, 2) post number, 3) what nutritional supplements they're taking, frequency, and dosage, and 4) how it's helping their symptoms. If you can do that, you'll have a nice cheat sheet on how to get started and what to expect.

I believe that most diabetic complications are reversible, particularly peripheral neuropathy. The low carb diet and glucose monitoring throughout the day is foundational. Be patient. Symptoms take time to resolve once you begin treatment. Hope you're feeling better in month or so. :)

That's brilliant thank you. I'll make a start on reading it tomorrow night after work.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies

This is interesting...

ABSTRACT

@Winnie53 i found your post absolutely brilliant.
I wish it could be saved and used like daisy1's info???
Id be happy to post it on when appropriate.