Type 1 @ 59

Lazell123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello and welcome. Must be a terrible shock for you, but please believe me, it will get easier. If it's any help to you, I am also 59 years old and I've been type 1 for 56 years - almost my whole life. I am living proof that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Take good care of yourself.

//k8t3//

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not a lo
well next week i go back to the hospital ,this time to see the consultant {5 months}, first time since being diagnosed. at time of diagnisis bg was 54 , doctor at hospital told me i was diabetic and i said o f..k. then went back to sleep. kept in for 5 days then sent home to relax and get my head around it{still working on the last bit}. tell you what though 4 bg tests + 4 injections daily the time soon flies by.

Reactions: Sibyl

petepontiac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who criticise what they cant understand
Diagnosed T1 at 64 after spending time in hospital with DKA. Been feeling unwell for a long time, dark under the eyes, aching legs etc. Now dark under eyes has nearly gone, legs fine. I am a Reiki master so I was doing a lot of self healing, but in the end it was not enough. Using Carbs and Cals I can match my insulin dosage with the carb content.

Reactions: Sibyl

TheBigNewt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello and welcome. Must be a terrible shock for you, but please believe me, it will get easier. If it's any help to you, I am also 59 years old and I've been type 1 for 56 years - almost my whole life. I am living proof that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Take good care of yourself.
Wow, you've been through the whole deal, glass syringes, NPH, weighing your food. you surely know the gig. I was lucky. I got it right when home glucometers came out. And had Ultralente.