Type 1 Keya smart meter

joshluck

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So... I have just used 10 strips with error 6 coming up each time, it's not the first time but 10 strips down has really ****** me of. What's going on?

D

Deleted Account

I don't have a Keya meter and can't find the manuals online to work out what error code 6 indicates.
However, the last time my meter kept giving errors was when it was too cold. At the time I noticed, it could also error if it was too hot. So I wonder if this is your problem - has your meter been sitting in direct sunlight, for example?

joshluck

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't have a Keya meter and can't find the manuals online to work out what error code 6 indicates.
However, the last time my meter kept giving errors was when it was too cold. At the time I noticed, it could also error if it was too hot. So I wonder if this is your problem - has your meter been sitting in direct sunlight, for example?

I keep it in a bag, out the way of everything, so it's not been in direct sun light. Could it be my blood, my blood is just running down my finger, it's not very thick for lack of a better term?

Dairygrade

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having diabetes
This may be a silly question but did you have an instruction book with the meter the error codes are usually at the back good luck with this?

joshluck

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Error 6 says 'partial fill, please retest with another strip'

Ann1982

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Try phoning the manufacturer it could be faulty strips. Do you have another meter to test with as an alternative?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

All strips (regardless of the manufacturer) will do the same @joshluck if insufficient blood is applied, just be sure to draw enough blood from your finger so that you don't get the error code, if not enough blood is coming out then set your lancing device on a higher setting.

D

Deleted Account

Could be a problem that the capillary action that "sucks" your blood into the test strip is not working.
Weirdly, I experienced something similar when my battery was running low.
Although, I also find when my fingers are wet and the blood is "thinner" it also does not "suck" so well.