Libre sensor activation time

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I activated my new one at 8am this morning @Tubzi , and I'd inserted it 10am yesterday. Usually though I would do it the night before - so, bedtime Saturday for Monday morning activation.

I have never noticed issues but have always given it around 24-36 hours.

I have so far had one failed sensor but not to do with accuracy of readings - it went from hero (working fine) to zero (vertical drop to LO, where it stayed!) with nothing in between.

:)

cott97

Type of diabetes
Type 2
So 1st successful sensor about to finish tomorrow morning - rock tape was the answer. After 2 failures I couldn't wait so started it immediately. It's read within 0.2 of my meter the whole time. Have just put the next one in for tomorrow morning so will see if this is better or worse for the 12 hour wait.

Tubzi

Type of diabetes
Type 1
So 1st successful sensor about to finish tomorrow morning - rock tape was the answer. After 2 failures I couldn't wait so started it immediately. It's read within 0.2 of my meter the whole time. Have just put the next one in for tomorrow morning so will see if this is better or worse for the 12 hour wait.

Have you got an update for us?

cott97

Type of diabetes
Type 2
It's reading as per the first sensor. I had some really high readings as one of the insulin vials turned out dodgy so had my doubts but again compared to the meter it was only reading 0.2 out. I wonder how much is physiology and how different we all are. Before rock tape 2 sensors slid out after 4 days so perhaps my skin doesn't seal around the filament as much as others do? This sensor is higher and more on the inside of my other arm. It was more painful on insertion than the other one and the arm seemed a little irritated but in the end no difference so for me I will be inserting and starting at the same time as for me it doesn't seem to have an impact but I will continue to monitor.