Type 1 Driving within the legal limits.

prancer53

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Professionals who know little about diabetes who generalise!!
I
I just read elsewhere that the DVLA has moved one step nearer to allowing cgms to be approved for driving. Mind you it's p one step on a long slow path lol
I hope someone has told my diabetes consultant this....when I told him I felt I would benefit from using a CGM he told me that they were only designed for diagnostic purposes...................

Reactions: DavidK59

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I

I hope someone has told my diabetes consultant this....when I told him I felt I would benefit from using a CGM he told me that they were only designed for diagnostic purposes...................
Wow. You have one particularly stupid consultant!

GrannyAnnie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Know-it-all's!!!!!!!
Do these rules only apply if you are on insulin?? I'm not, but surely a hypo is a hypo whether you are on insulin or not! I'm having a battle with my DN and my doctor to get enough test strips. They will only give me 50 per month and that is being revised to one every two months in October!!! That does not leave me with enough strips to test even once a day!
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is a CGM???

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Do these rules only apply if you are on insulin?? I'm not, but surely a hypo is a hypo whether you are on insulin or not! I'm having a battle with my DN and my doctor to get enough test strips. They will only give me 50 per month and that is being revised to one every two months in October!!! That does not leave me with enough strips to test even once a day!
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is a CGM???
You are supposed to inform the DVLA if you are on insulin, or any other blood glucose lowering drugs, and these rules apply on those too.