Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Looks like this Gliclazide is going to be a little difficult to control. Tested last night before bed and 4.6 so decided, maybe unwisely to pop a glucose tablet, and woke this morning with a 3.7. This morning I have noticed vision problems like looking at a very badly pixelated screen or an 8 bit game :( It clears up mostly in 5 minutes)

I am not sure whether or not to take my morning 80g Glic or not. I am going to make some porridge and banana with a coffee and see how I go. I may look at halving my evening dose. I am I little lost now and maybe double guessing myself. Any advice gratefully received.
Diet could make a difference. (Edited by mod to remove reference to medication advice).
Stop porriage and banana. Other high carb foods too. Then see what your bgs are like? I think you could have good bgs levels with diet and exercise.
There are loads of posts Iin this forum about low carb diet where there are fantastic results. I low carb too but unfortunately I've had diabetes 40+yrs and didn't get your help to do diet and exercise properly.

II'm off now to test my fbg. Bit late this morning due to not settling for sleep til 3.30am due to asthma attack.

Last edited by a moderator: