Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Morning folks .. 4.8 at 04.45 .. golf comp today and then I'm off to see my lovely grandaughters :happy::happy:

You play more golf than I eat low carb foods. These granddaughters get a lot of visits too, eh? Too late for me to have grandchildren; maybe I should think about golf!

Reactions: ickihun

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Looks like this Gliclazide is going to be a little difficult to control. Tested last night before bed and 4.6 so decided, maybe unwisely to pop a glucose tablet, and woke this morning with a 3.7. This morning I have noticed vision problems like looking at a very badly pixelated screen or an 8 bit game :( It clears up mostly in 5 minutes)

I am not sure whether or not to take my morning 80g Glic or not. I am going to make some porridge and banana with a coffee and see how I go. I may look at halving my evening dose. I am I little lost now and maybe double guessing myself. Any advice gratefully received.

Have you thought about splitting the dose? I was told to take it with breakfast. I came off it completely because I was getting nightmares on it (so was my brother...due to his Gliclazide not mine! ;)) and because I wanted to see how my levels were on diet alone. I never went back on it due to progress with low carbing. I can only advise keeping records of when and what you eat and when you take the Gliclazide to see if any patterns emerge. A low carb diet with Gliclazide can cause problems as hypos are more likely if you are not eating enough carbs. Good luck.

Reactions: Liam1955

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
6.3 is a perfect fbg. When I was newly diagnosed I only achieved that on tablet meds.
Well done.
I bet you are trying the low carb eating regime too. Wish I'd known about it.

I've been diabetic for 11 months now not doing low carb because I am
A bit of a fussy eater so I'm trying to eat as healthy as I can given the circumstances but still eat a bit of bread (warburtons milk roll )doesn't
Spike me much .

First 6 months I was 6.3 then 5.6 (on the metformin )this time I expect to be around 6.1 due my test on Monday wish me luck I may need it

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
A bit of a fussy eater so I'm trying to eat as healthy as I can given the circumstances but still eat a bit of bread (warburtons milk roll )doesn't
Spike me much .

First 6 months I was 6.3 then 5.6 (on the metformin )this time I expect to be around 6.1 due my test on Monday wish me luck I may need it
Good luck @bigjim19 .
I'm surely you'll storm it. :)

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Spike me much .

Luck, hugs and fairy dust.:joyful::D

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Spike me much .

Good luck, mate. Looks like you are doing very well while still managing to eat some grub you always liked. I always find breakfast the hardest bit. I have totally cut out my toast and there's no loaves in the house now... the odd croissant creeps under the radar of my will power and into my mouth sometimes. They are evil...and very tasty.

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
7.3 @ 5.30
Must be because it was a very warm night, so I didn't sleep very well.

Looseboy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes
5.6 for me @ 05:30
That is high for me but in what is a normal range as I understand it ?

Still totally confusing taking these readings everyday, but knowing it all comes down to what my HbA1c will be. ( I hate the unknown and the anticipation)

Have about 3 weeks until my 3 month anniversary and next blood test .

Off to the gym now with no breakfast. I am trying IF 16:8 over the weekend and today.

Looseboy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes
Spike me much .

All the best to you @bigjim19 and everyone else on here.

I am lowing carbs still( circa 100g a day) still eating bread but no pasta at this time. Half a jacket potato a week.

The bread gives me different results each time but still not shocking ( I think) so keeping it in. The test last night was a fairly large low GI roll form the bakers . 5 pre dinner , 1hr was 7 and 2 hr was 5.9.

This was without an active day or a post meal walk which I find generally helps things down lower.