Hi I'm Flo' I have diabetes 2 since 1995

kay64red

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I go under the name Kay64red this was the name of the daughter I lost tragically in 1964 and her favourite colour was red. However now I am a grandmother of 4 grandchildren to my eldest daughter who are all now married and great grandmother of 3 children one a girl and two young boys. I am happily married and have been for 54 years and now he has become my carer as I cannot walk far due to my arthritis.
Diet can be difficult as my husband as to shuffle meals for him and for myself apart from everything else he does which makes me frustrated because I can't do what I did. Not complaining though others are far worse than me.
Hello to everyone and perhaps somewhere along the way we can be of help to each other.

Reactions: Liam1955 and KezG

KezG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tripe, most shellfish.. mussels, cockles etc...
@kay64red Hello and welcome to the forum :)

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@kay64red . What a wonderful post. I feel like I've known you far longer than a few moments.
I've only 2 grandchildren but they are my world, it's like having a shot of sheer joy every time I see them.
Love your approach to life.

Reactions: Liam1955

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hello @kay64red and Welcome to the Forum :).

Reactions: therower

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Hi there and welcome. I have three grandchildren which makes me glad that I didn't strangle my children!

A big thumbs up to your hubby, too. Carers are often forgotten.

Reactions: zand and Liam1955

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I go under the name Kay64red this was the name of the daughter I lost tragically in 1964 and her favourite colour was red. However now I am a grandmother of 4 grandchildren to my eldest daughter who are all now married and great grandmother of 3 children one a girl and two young boys. I am happily married and have been for 54 years and now he has become my carer as I cannot walk far due to my arthritis.
Diet can be difficult as my husband as to shuffle meals for him and for myself apart from everything else he does which makes me frustrated because I can't do what I did. Not complaining though others are far worse than me.
Hello to everyone and perhaps somewhere along the way we can be of help to each other.
Welcome to the forum kay64red.This forum has been a wonderful help to me.I was first diagnosed as type 2 in 2001.I have had so much help from reading this forum and have finally begun to understand diabetes!Both my husband and myself are in our late 70s and I often wish I could be more active to help my condition.However,when I realise so many here are working and caring for a family as well as coping with diabetes I count my blessings!Like you, lovely grandchildren .....and we are still here after years of diabetes to enjoy them.I still have my sight and my feet despite the gloomy predictions 16 years ago.For me the LC diet, just begun in Jan this year,has really improved my health and I have more energy now.Even without the exercise I have lost a stone + and my Hb readings are down to 43.Im sure you will find lots of encouragement here,and help should you need it.

kay64red

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Welcome to the forum kay64red.This forum has been a wonderful help to me.I was first diagnosed as type 2 in 2001.I have had so much help from reading this forum and have finally begun to understand diabetes!Both my husband and myself are in our late 70s and I often wish I could be more active to help my condition.However,when I realise so many here are working and caring for a family as well as coping with diabetes I count my blessings!Like you, lovely grandchildren .....and we are still here after years of diabetes to enjoy them.I still have my sight and my feet despite the gloomy predictions 16 years ago.For me the LC diet, just begun in Jan this year,has really improved my health and I have more energy now.Even without the exercise I have lost a stone + and my Hb readings are down to 43.Im sure you will find lots of encouragement here,and help should you need it.

kay64red

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thank you for all of your lovely responses it helps me feel and know I'm not alone. All of your replies are really encouraging. Thank you!