Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Lucie75 said:
anytime you have an argument with your husband/wife, they always put it down to you being hypo. You're argumentative therefore you must be hypo.

:evil:

:lol: :lol: :lol: ............been there and got the t-shirt! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nigel

day007

...you ask for SUGAR-FREE syrup in your latte and go APE-S**T when you see the guy put regular syrup in and they don't get why you're so pi**ed.

Dustydazzler

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Sore feet, spiders, feeling hungry, night time hypos
You know you are a type 1 when:

when someone leaves the heating on and you wake up in a sweat and think goodness I must be having a hypo!

Geri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stress and feeling exhausted.
Your husband wakes you up every morning even when in a deep blissful sleep to prick your finger and test your bs so that he can go to work happy with the knowledge that you are not about to 'turn queer'. :roll:

onlytwintip

When whenever you're a bit in a mood, friends/family immediately conclude: "Oh, you must be a bit low"
You get your insulin pump out to change the tune that's actually playing from your ipod.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
onlytwintip said:
You get your insulin pump out to change the tune that's actually playing from your ipod.

I like it! :lol:

Nigel

Snodger

this is a brilliant thread, I love every single post and it's all SO TRUE.

WhimsicalWays, I'd never thought of using ketone strips to check your diet coke, does it really work? That's genius!

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
When people say 'Pacific' instead of 'Specific' :-)
Geri said:
Your husband wakes you up every morning even when in a deep blissful sleep to prick your finger and test your bs so that he can go to work happy with the knowledge that you are not about to 'turn queer'. :roll:

What a lovely husband you have! My OH will check me if I look sleepy as he worries I am going hypo :mrgreen: generally he gets told 'I'm just flipping tired!' which is followed by a quick squeeze as I know he's only asking cos he is genuinely worried :wink:

yipster29

Ha brilliant thread!! and all so true!
Especially for me the diet coke and counting up your insulin units as the menu is announced!

I knew I was T1 when I had to buy a bigger hand bag, and could no longer take the dog for long walks, or go for cycle rides without a stash of equipment!

I also knew I'd accepted the fact yet others still worried when last year we arrived at Gatwick airport for me to discover I'd left my test kit at home!!! Hubby in major panic buying new one at Boots and asking if I needed to eat every 10 minutes whereas my reaction had been 'ah I know what I'm eating and I know the hypo signs... I'll be fine' :)

Geri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
You wake up in the middle of the day to find 3 ambulance men in your bedroom about to insert a glucose drip. :shock:

Geri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
What a lovely husband you have!
thanks Debloubed, he is great at sorting out my ups and downs and learnt as much as poss about type 1 diabetes when we met up 15 years ago.

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
When people say 'Pacific' instead of 'Specific' :-)
If your sister asks you a question and you haven't been listening to a word she says so you wing it and say 'yeah, ok then!' with no idea what you are agreeing to and she looks at you oddly and says 'are you ok? do you need some food?' :lol:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
....you are on first name terms with the staff in the Pharmacy! :)

Nigel

Levy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
...when you are disappointed that no matter how many times you've been on an airplane none of the customs guards have ever opened your bag to take a look at what all those little needles are which showed up on their scanner. :roll:

Reactions: 2 people

Levy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Also:

...when you are wondering whether anything in your pump will set off the gates at the customs and probably being disappointed when the answer turns out to be no.

I think I might be a bit of a diabetes-exhibitionist :lol:

ags1983

donnellysdogs said:
You know you're type 1 when you have a tattoo of an injection saying you are diabetic on your arm near your wrist, your last name and date of birth.

I saw this tattoo on a gentleman in a Tesco cafe, and thought it was brilliant, as everyone would know without asking in emergencys. I wanted one, but despite being t1 I haven't got the nerve to have those tattoo needles.......

This is the one i got between the inside of my wrist and elbow on the inside of my forearm. bout 3 or 4 years old now and some bits need touched up!
Diabtat.jpg

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
noblehead said:

Nigel

I thought this exact same this last week, he also noticed i'd changed my hair colour! :lol:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
ebony321 said:
noblehead said:

Nigel

I thought this exact same this last week, he also noticed i'd changed my hair colour! :lol:

I don't have any hair to change colour! :lol:

Nigel

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
:lol: :lol:
noblehead said:
ebony321 said:
noblehead said:

Nigel

I don't have any hair to change colour! :lol:

Nigel

Test your pharmacist and grow a moustache? :lol:

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You know you're T1 when you brush your teeth, get into bed and realise you haven't tested.
You test, are in the low 4s,you have to eat something , clean your teeth and start again.

Reactions: 5 people