Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
Aye I spent 2 hours trying to catch it so I made sure I ate the lot . @Tipetoo

Reactions: P1ckle

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 at 11:00
Did exercise really a lot yesterday so my body has been so stressed out afterwards that I had a hard time being able to sleep woke up many times this night and tested my blood glucose at 4:00 just to see how it was affected ... a rather bad surprice as my number was 6.8 in the middle of the night :bag::arghh::confused::eek:, so seems my liver was freaking out and keeping my numbers very high in the middle of night

as34bc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@as34bc congratulations. Wrong site I know but may I ask what foods you actually eat, which fibre foods & plant diet. Thsnks
I now eat mostly organic foods. My diet is 100% vegan whole food plant based so nothing processed or refined. I eat a lot or fruits.

I start the day with a fruit and green leaves smoothie and snack on fruits until lunch time. I usually have a salad for lunch. It will be a large salad as I cannot work if I am hungry and I bulk up the salad with different things like mixed seeds or a dessicated coconut or some whole meal pasta or brown rice.

Dinner would be a salad followed by anything I want as long as it is whole food plant based.

I can rarely eat out and have to make all my meals as ready meals are usually not organic and are made of refined foods like oils and sugar. I had to learn new cooking techniques to be able to cook without the ****. Fortunately there are a lot of videos on YouTube.

I can now make my own treats like chocolate made with cacao powder, nuts and dates.

I follow a simple rule - fruits on an empty stomach so I have to wait at least 2 hours after I have eaten anything before i can have fruits and wait at least 1 hour after eating fruit before I can have anything else.

Reactions: Prem51 and Polgara

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I now eat mostly organic foods. My diet is 100% vegan whole food plant based so nothing processed or refined. I eat a lot or fruits.

I start the day with a fruit and green leaves smoothie and snack on fruits until lunch time. I usually have a salad for lunch. It will be a large salad as I cannot work if I am hungry and I bulk up the salad with different things like mixed seeds or a dessicated coconut or some whole meal pasta or brown rice.

Dinner would be a salad followed by anything I want as long as it is whole food plant based.

I can rarely eat out and have to make all my meals as ready meals are usually not organic and are made of refined foods like oils and sugar. I had to learn new cooking techniques to be able to cook without the ****. Fortunately there are a lot of videos on YouTube.

I can now make my own treats like chocolate made with cacao powder, nuts and dates.

I follow a simple rule - fruits on an empty stomach so I have to wait at least 2 hours after I have eaten anything before i can have fruits and wait at least 1 hour after eating fruit before I can have anything else.

All good and natural foods, but where do you get your protein from?

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning 5.8

I follow a simple rule - fruits on an empty stomach so I have to wait at least 2 hours after I have eaten anything before i can have fruits and wait at least 1 hour after eating fruit before I can have anything else.[/QUO. Thanks for replying, very interesting, I was under impression certain fruites were high in sugar, I only eat berries mainly, I make all my meals from scratch, I eat a lot of greens, & especially dill, parsley, spinnage, chives & coriander, with nuts & Iranian barberries. Makes great meal with several portions to last few days

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
6.3 at 5:00 am, must have been @bigjim19 huggis that did it.

They are tricky to catch, I hear those anticlockwise running huggis are the worst. :D

The ones that run backwards are worse they're really fast wee beasties

Reactions: P1ckle

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Probably cross bred with the **** Oozlum bird that flies around in ever decreasing circles backwards, and disappears up it's fundamental orifice.

If that's they long square necked things that only come out at midnight I've seen them vanish very quickly into thin air