Accu Chek Compact Plus Problem

Yealand

Last year I bought an Accu Chek Compact Plus and I have never used it. Now when I try for the first time the test strip falls out and I get an error message E-5 which tells me to clean it with water which I did and it is still the same. Could it be that it knows the "Use by date" is a year old and rejecting it. I also notice that they have been writhdrawn from sale.
Comments anyone

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Not sure about it being withdrawn from sale, but the test strips will most likely be out of date so the meter will not accept them, check the expiry date on the box that the strips came in.

Nigel

Sue Morton

You could try appling for the free Bayer Contour that is on this site they are free and come with 25 test strips and everything else you need.

Sue :)

sugar2

I have had about 4 Compacts over the years...and seem to have managed a life of abot 8 months each..although I do test alot! Each time, Roche just sent me a replacement (as I sucha good customer) and calling their helpline was easy.

Have you tried that? Give em a call, its a free phone number, and if they don't mend or replace it, then you have still lost nothing?

Amanda Hugankiss

Dislikes
Chaos
I think the problem you are having is the same one I had, I contacted them direct by phone.
Open the door as if to put in another drum, and at the bottom where the strip comes out is a mirror type bit, just clean it gently with a cotton bud. Mine was dirty cos I keep it in my handbag without a case.