Argh

Loobielooz_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Following low carb high fat and got bg down to good low levels. Gp put me back on quatiapine at the weekend and bloods already 12.6mmol, so unfair to have to sacrifice one side of Ill health to cope with another. :bigtears:
Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I am sorry to hear of your problems. Might the effects wear off or at least settle down after a few days?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh I am sorry to hear this.

Is it going to be a longterm prescription?
If so, and your blood glucose levels stay that high, then please speak to your doc, nurse or consultant about diabetic meds to control things. You don't want to run at those levels for long, and they should be able to help.

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
Following low carb high fat and got bg down to good low levels. Gp put me back on quatiapine at the weekend and bloods already 12.6mmol, so unfair to have to sacrifice one side of Ill health to cope with another. :bigtears:
Hi @Loobielooz_ , I know that kind of frustration. The medication needs to be reviewed, 12.6 is too high to be good for you. Let us know the outcome.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm wondering if @ally1 has any tips her bgs have greatly improved.

Loobielooz_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I am sorry to hear of your problems. Might the effects wear off or at least settle down after a few days?
It's pretty well documented that these meds cause problems with bg and weight gain. Even after years of being off them! It's going to be a careful balancing act. I am down about it at the moment but am up for the fight ;)