Electronic perscription issue with needles

Thorntonhabit

Type of diabetes
Type 2
The EPS system of electronic Perscriptions is supposed to make things easier but I have an issue that i can get my insulin, Toujeo and Nova rapid pens sent electronically to the pharmacy but not the finepoint needles for the pens. The prescription for this has to be collected manually from the doctors. The doctors say it is not them but the EPS system not allowing these to be sent, so you can have the insulin but not the needles to inject it. This time it will result in a six day difference between getting the insulin and the needles (luckily I have enough needles to see me through but what if I had not). Has anyone else come across this, it is also the case with the lancets for glucose testing.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've never heard of that before. I have an electronic prescription and my needles and lancets are on it just like everything else.

Could you ask for more information?

JMK1954

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I would ask the pharmacy that receives the prescriptions what they know about this. I get syringes with needle attached on an electronic prescription. The pharmacy must deal with a number of different GP practices, so they should be able to throw more light on the subject. I think there must be some sort of misunderstanding here.

Dairygrade

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having diabetes
Hi I always get all my diabetic equipment pens needles etc on my electronic prescriptions only things they won't send are controlled drugs which have to be collected as others say just ask hope you get it sorted good luck.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Has anyone else come across this, it is also the case with the lancets for glucose testing.

It just doesn't make any sense, I agree with the advice about asking your Pharmacist.

Thorntonhabit

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Asked Pharmacy, had various conversations with doctors, all blaming the system for it, perhaps different health authorities have different settings for EPS, mine comes under Walsall NHS, I think I will send them an email and see what they say

Reactions: azure