Newly diagnosed- blurry bision

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi all,

I was diagnosed recently as type 1 diabetic. My sugars have been very high but are coming down nicely down. Currently running at 10.5-13.5
Over the past couple of days my vision has gone blurry. I'll be fine one second and the next it's just a blur? Should I be worried? TIA x

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Once your bg levels stabilise all should be fine, high bg cause the lens of the eyes to swell and it's a symptom often experienced by people newly diagnosed.

If things don't settle down after your bg levels stabilise have your eyes checked.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Once your bg levels stabilise all should be fine, high bg cause the lens of the eyes to swell and it's a symptom often experienced by people newly diagnosed.

If things don't settle down after your bg levels stabilise have your eyes checked.

Thank you... my sugars have come down a lot since being diagnosed though... is this normal?

BeccyB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If you have a look around on here you will find lots of people have blurry vision as their sugars come down after diagnosis, it should settle once your body gets used to being at those lower levels.

All Type 1s should have regular eye screening appointments so if you don't receive an appointment give your GP a nudge.

Reactions: Christina97587

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Thank you... my sugars have come down a lot since being diagnosed though... is this normal?

That's great news, but your bg levels are still high running at 10.-13.5mmol/l and this can effect your vision.

Reading your opening post again you've said the blurriness has only come on over the last couple of days, with this in mind I would pop along to your Opticians and have your eyes checked or mention the blurriness to your gp.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.