Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I have even downgraded my car since getting diagnosed as I will most likely be driving less, however Direct Line do not take a 3 year restricted license into consideration, it doesn't affect the premium at all. I would highly recommend them.

None should take the 3 year licence into consideration, but they'll be note on your file to say you have one (as with all insurance companies).

Interestingly Ryan I was insured with Direct Line for years for both car and home insurance, now they seem so expensive and don't seem to be competitive with other insurers, got a quote from them for dog insurance and the quote was twice as much as present premium.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
None should take the 3 year licence into consideration, but they'll be note on your file to say you have one (as with all insurance companies).

Interestingly Ryan I was insured with Direct Line for years for both car and home insurance, now they seem so expensive and don't seem to be competitive with other insurers, got a quote from them for dog insurance and the quote was twice as much as present premium.

Hi Noblehead,

On the comparison sites if you put in you have a restricted 3 year license all of the quotes go up or they won't insure me, where as with no restriction listed they're fine.

Not everyone seems to get with with DL as they can be expensive, but then again for me everyone else has always been expensive! Odd.

Ryan

amylh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm with 1st central and my insurance was cheaper than all of my friends.. I said I have a medical condition DVLA aware but no restrictions. No problems.

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Legally, they are not allowed to weight your premiums because of diabetes. I have never had a problem at all, just tell them I have a 3 year licence.