New hba1c results

Jamiedean

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello every one just a quick one, I had my bloods done on Friday and just rang and got my results today. When I was first diagnosed 6month ago I was 103.7, then 3month later around 58 I think, then today 47. Is this a good level to be at or should it be lower?
Thanks jamie

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello every one just a quick one, I had my bloods done on Friday and just rang and got my results today. When I was first diagnosed 6month ago I was 103.7, then 3month later around 58 I think, then today 47. Is this a good level to be at or should it be lower?
Thanks jamie
Congratulations, that is a very, very good HbA1c:)

Sure go lower, there is always room for improvement. But bear in mind that a good HbA1c with regular hypos is nothingmore than a meaningless number.

Congratulations on your 47mmol/mol, I need to get back down there again!

Reactions: Prem51 and Dodo

Jamiedean

Type of diabetes
Type 1
THanks for all the replies I feel a lot better knowing I'm doing good, i just wish I knew what I was doing in the first place

Reactions: Prem51

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
THanks for all the replies I feel a lot better knowing I'm doing good, i just wish I knew what I was doing in the first place

Have you read the book "think like a pancreas"? It's a good guide on the basics you need to know for how to manage type 1.

Reactions: GrantGam

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.

You must be doing something right as that's a great result, I have yet to get a HbA1c below 52 so I take my virtual hat off to you :)

Reactions: Prem51

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Don't be surprised if your consultant/doctor or whoever says that's a bit low you must be suffering from lots of hypos (whether they look at your past BG readings or not) and that you should aim for a slightly higher number! Only you know the real story, and it only affects you so it's up to you in the end.

A great result so well done!

Reactions: dbr10