Fed up

alhubb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I was given (and very excited) about being given a freestyle libre to trial as my hba1c was very low (40 mmol/mol) and after 2 days the sensor fell off. I then got a replacement sensor and guess what? After two days the sensor fell off again. Absolute joke. I was really just starting to get a grip with what was going on inside my body and found it very useful. It's incredibly frustrating. I was only diagnosed last year and I am determined to get control of this, especially after a friend who is type 1 has lost both his legs, most of his fingers and his eye sight and currently waiting for a second pancreas transplant.

What can I do? I can't believe it's fallen off twice!

keitjones

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't use it. But there are lots of tips on the Web site about using alcohol wipes to clean the skin Prior to application.

D

Deleted Account

I had two Libre sensors as part of a trial and had similar experience even after using the alcohol wipes- the first fell off after 2 week. So I taped the second in place with micropore tape which kept it in place but didn't look great and definitely not something I would wear with short sleeves.

5uzie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey! I keep my Dexcom on by using tagaderm or similar, got some on amazon and stick em down. Not sure with libre as it would need to cover the whole thing! That skin tac stuff is pretty expensive but certainly works too!

Reactions: himtoo

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
I would agree with all the responses so far @alhubb
perhaps your not getting a great grip with the insertion of the libre -- so the tegaderm might be a help to keep it ( the libre ) in place.

ok -- an additional expense -- but the data gained from 14 days on the libre can be invaluable.

do try and stick with it !!

HLC2017

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hallo alhubb,

What's the weather like where you are? I took part in a Libre trial and had *four* sensors fall off in a single afternoon. Two of these sensors had clung to my upper arms quite happily for 11 days, but once the temperature climbed to 28C outside, and exceeded 30C in the house, the adhesive couldn't cope. The contact person for the trial told me that pretty much all her research subjects had reported sensors dropping off.

I hope you are able to capture some helpful data eventually! All best, HLC