A big thank you

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
Good day I would like to give a big thanks to all for helping me through the first 9 months of being diabetic your help ,encouragement ,humour and just general chit chat has helped me reach some of my goals .

I was diagnosed in July 16 with a figure of 8.6 got it down in November to 6.3 then put on metformin and in April 17 was down to 5.6 I asked the doctor if I could come of the metformin and try diet and exercise only she was reluctant but agreed .

Since then and I've had a few problems the last test was done on Monday I got the results this morning Wednesday I have risen to 5.9 a rise of only 0.3 without the metformin so it can be done without meds
Carefully watched with your meter and a little bit walking etc all this has been achieved through help from yourselves and hopefully will continue to help not just me but others to achieve their goals

Thank you so much and keep posting

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @bigjim19 That's great news, good to hear that your BG levels are now more manageable, it's a credit to you and the effort you have put in, so well done ;)

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
Good day I would like to give a big thanks to all for helping me through the first 9 months of being diabetic your help ,encouragement ,humour and just general chit chat has helped me reach some of my goals .

I was diagnosed in July 16 with a figure of 8.6 got it down in November to 6.3 then put on metformin and in April 17 was down to 5.6 I asked the doctor if I could come of the metformin and try diet and exercise only she was reluctant but agreed .

Since then and I've had a few problems the last test was done on Monday I got the results this morning Wednesday I have risen to 5.9 a rise of only 0.3 without the metformin so it can be done without meds
Carefully watched with your meter and a little bit walking etc all this has been achieved through help from yourselves and hopefully will continue to help not just me but others to achieve their goals

Thank you so much and keep posting
You make this life a joy when you bring this news to the forum. You are an inspiration. Walk proud in the face of the world.

P

pollensa

Excellent news, no medications, if I had a star I would give you one, your right, it can be done without Meds,hopefully doctors will start and realize this, by putting exercise change lifestyle and diet first and foremost before prescribing medications, I refused Metformin, opting to do my own thing, from day one, in four months brought down an A1C of 8.1 to 6.6% purely lifestyle change, no carbs, exercise and smaller portions, now the fun begins, as in Spain 6.6% although reduced by 23% approx, still with a label diabetic, their cut off is 6.5% but again doubt does that mean if your sitting on 6.5% or over its never clearly explained, however the million dollar question remains do I believe I am diabetic, No I don't, why, I am sceptical to trust the cut off levels, as if I get on a plane and fly back to New Zealand I am only Pre Diabetes, as their cut off is 6.7% they use a sensible and pragmatic cut off system, so it depends where you live in the world, when diagnosed, this is the frightening and appalling situation of the cut off levels as they are all arbitrary at whim random chosen by committee and admitted and acknowledged by them as such, with no 100% clinical or medical support as to the final cut off chosen, so are we all worrying unnecessary is the next question, if anyone can reverse lower their levels without medication, we are the sensible ones, keep it up.

Jenny
Pollensa Mallorca

AM1874

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Hi @bigjim19
Well done and many congrats on getting your BG levels down with no meds just diet, testing and exercise .. you are spot on and you have shown that YES, it can be done :happy::happy: