What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Bf 1/3 avocado
L 1/2 oz cheese with butter and a pecan
D who knows. Probably egg boiled egg yolk and mayo. Avocado

Having a fat fast day as had a small cheat meal last night ( if you can call extra beef brisket portion and 4 potato chips a cheat ) and bs stupid.

Snacks. Insulin more insulin and more insulin. Small glass chilled vodka. My bad. Another huge reminder it's just food and what I fancy doesn't matter. Large price to pay for some extra beef and a few chips. Ridiculous.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting day.

B: out with friend. She placed the order, and instead of ordering 'an omelette with bacon and mushroom' it managed to get turned into 'an omelette with bacon and an omelette with bacon' plus her breakfast, of course. So when 2 omelettes and her huge breakfast arrived, i ended up having both omelettes. Which were delicious! They had spinach and salsa, and a sprinkle of cheese.
S: no need for lunch, but i did have the last crust slice of a loaf of gluten free, wheat free bread as toast with butter at 4pm
S: and then a small portion of raspberries, cream and 70% choc.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today ...
Morning; Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and a bit of xylitol. One half of a low carb role with butter. Three squares of 85 percent Feodora chocolate.
Late afternoon: Baked fish with coconut milk, bell peppers, tomatoes, spring onions, radishes, lemon slices, and cilantro. Fried vegetable cakes (zucchini, onion, eggs, potato fibers) and guacamole (avocado, onion, tomato, lime juice, cilantro and mayonnaise).

Reactions: maglil55

VioletViolet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - Greek yogurt, cream , flax seeds, cherries
Snack - handful of pecans
Dinner - leftover tandoori chicken and salad
Snack - handful of pecans ( I have large hands....)
Tea - Lamb steaks and pesto, ratatouille, green beans, small portion of blueberries and cream

B

badcat

B- nothing
L - 2 chicken thighs with 1 tbsp roasted courgette 'hummus', 60g mint choc Oppo ice cream
D - sprouted alfafa seeds with 1/2 avocado, watercress, chilli mayo and some more of the roasted courgette 'hummous'
Drinks - 2x coffee and cream, sparkling water, 1 glass of califia black& white cold brewed coffee with almond milk
S - 10g Willies dark chocolate

Last edited by a moderator:

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tea
Brunch: Little Chef Olympic breakfast :) & tea
T: Roast chicken thigh, vegetable chips & salad
Water throughout the day & just had a skinny latte

Troubled1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi @Troubled1,

Hope you enjoy your dinner.

What effect do the fasts have on your blood sugar levels?

The fasting lowers the overall average but for some reason I have quite a range. I'll get numbers anywhere from 3.8 to low 8's.
This evenings dinner was pretty carby so I'll use the fast to reset myself. Heck, it's only 7 days.

Reactions: ziggy_w and mo53

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sunday
B. Raspberries and cream

L. Pulled pork carvery with sprouts, carrots, onion gravy and cauliflower.

D. A slice of bfree seeded brown bread toasted.. Strawberries with blob of chocolate hazelnut Alpro soya icecream.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The fasting lowers the overall average but for some reason I have quite a range. I'll get numbers anywhere from 3.8 to low 8's.
This evenings dinner was pretty carby so I'll use the fast to reset myself. Heck, it's only 7 days.

Hi @Troubled1,

You are doing really well for only 7 days in. Congrats.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Fasting day for me... so:

Breakfast: Nothing

Lunch: Nothing

Dinner: Chicken with home grown lettuce, radishes, tomatoes - the cucumber was shop bought - and some Hellmann's mayo

Drinks: Black coffee at breakfast and sparkling mineral water for the rest of the day

Reactions: ziggy_w

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Actually I'm about 9 years in. I meant "it's only 7 days without food." I should have worded it better.
I will monitor my bg's closely. This will be my 3rd 7 day fast.

Wow! THIRD seven day fast!! Thats great. I haven't yet managed to fast for more than 24 hours. What does an extended fast like that do to your BG and how long to the effects last?

Reactions: ziggy_w

jojo broadie

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hello, here's the thread that I documented my experiment on:

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/zero-carb.122996/

One big tip, which I wish I had known before I started is that Zero Carb and Metformin do not go at all well together. I am still doing ZC part time (it's great for bringing BG down) and on those days I definitely won't be taking metformin.
my husband is on 1 Metformin tablet oer day...fown from 4 per day... readings usually between 7 and 8 ...trying to bring it down to 6 ...thank you for your reply will try the thread you posted here ...

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed on a ghastly 8.6 FBG better at 6.9 and pre breakfast was 7.5. I do think though infection has finally left me. Felt awful last night and in a sweat. Glad to say I now feel normal and just have a tender gum - all swelling has gone.
B. Boiled egg and Tassimo morning coffee with cream
L. Small pack of M&S prawns with Marie rose and a snack pack of Urban Fruit triple toasted coconut chips.
D. Leftovers from yesterday Fathead chicken pot pie , sprouts and that great cauliflower mash.
These Urban Fruit triple toasted coconut chips are brilliant and only 3.7g carbs in the 25g pack. Very high fibre content too. Barely budges my BGs
Spent the morning with the boys at a play park on the beach so the Urban Fruit was ideal for a snack. Lovely day.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - none

Lunch - was planning on skipping and went for a walk instead of eating at my regular time, but felt very hungry and slightly light headed so ate the pack of Awfully Posh pork crackling that has been sitting in my desk drawer for weeks.

Dinner - finished up the burgers I made yesterday (mince, feta, spinach, tomato, onion); cauliflower cheese - just cooked the cauli then put in dish with a bit of butter and cheese and baked while I grilled the burgers. Delicious. 2 squares Lindt 90%

Drinks - 1 mug of tea with cream; 1 mug of tea with semi skimmed milk (only that or fully skimmed on offer at work); sparkling water; tap water

Last edited: