Should I have gone to Specsavers?

Ardbeg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self serving politicians
I've just logged onto the forum tonight, but have left my reading glasses at the office.

The forum seems much larger than normal. Is it time for an eye test or has the administrator changed the forum size settings?

rottweilsteve

Dislikes
incorrect punctuation (see above), Otherwise dishonesty, discrimination, prejudicial behaviour. and general nastiness.
Probably not: of all the opticians I've seen Specsavers were the absolute worst, two for the price of one offer notwithstanding. I ended up with distance glasses that were so out of whack that I could do the registration number part of the driving test better without the glasses than with them. Still, since the distance glasses had identical frames to my readers, I had a spare frame when I had a fall and messed up the frame (but not the lenses) of my readers...

Russ

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Injustice
I have a Mac, but I think the solution is the same for a PC. Put your cursor anywhere over the page you want to increase or decrease in size then hit the command key and either the plus or minus key to get the size that suits you.

Russ

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Russ is correct, control(Ctrl) and either the + or - will do the trick on a PC.

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
The default font size is far too small for me so I use the A^ increasing tool at the top right of the forum page.

*Note:- the above tool will only only be remembered to your previous setting when you are logged-in.

Talos

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfriendly people, MP's,
Hobs said:
The default font size is far too small for me so I use the A^ increasing tool at the top right of the forum page.

*Note:- the above tool will only only be remembered to your previous setting when you are logged-in.

Thanks, I never spotted that :D

Russ

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Injustice
Thanks, Hobs. I actually looked for the 'A' thing that I now know is at the top right hand corner. I don't know why it is so feint and difficult to see.

Russ

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
I cannot say for certain but I expect the forum owner has chosen a small default font size to keep the used bandwith as low as possible, and thus keeping the forum operating speed up to an acceptable level.