Apple controls diabetes

Soundgen

janabelle said:
Thanks for that info Soundgen
I had a wee glance at the website, will investigate further-sounds interesting. I like to keep an open mind on anything diabetes-related, especially dietry matters.
Jus :)

He bases his "apple " findings on a chart which I assume shows a normal BG rise and fall after eating an apple , or apple sauce or apple juice showing the effect of food processing , but he is 81 , the link on his site to

peacehealth.org/healthinfo/diabetes/articles/proofpositive.htm

which gives what seems to me some interesting diabetes facts , all of which I am sure are on or have been on this forum , but it seems nice to see them all in one place , one really interesting fact ? ( if it is a fact )on this site is that high carb totally vegetarian diets lead to low BG levels , anyone tried one ? this link doesn't seem to have any ads either , I think dpp's google doc spam was when he tried to put his google docs on the forum , there are links to information he stores there on his site , I don't think he was spamming

Soundgen

Last edited by sugarless sue on August 31st, 2010, 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Link to Medical Company deactivated.
That's like taking out an NHS direct link OTT!

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Actually it's an American Health Care company.

It's very easy to copy and paste the link so members can still read the info on it.

We used OUR discretion to leave the link as it may be useful to some members.

Sugarless Sue.
Forum Monitor.

Soundgen

sugarless sue said:
Actually it's an American Health Care company.

It's very easy to copy and paste the link so members can still read the info on it.

We used OUR discretion to leave the link as it may be useful to some members.

Sugarless Sue.
Forum Monitor.

Yes America does have private health , it doesn't necessarily make the info less valid

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Soundgen.

This Forum's policies and Monitor decisions are not a matter for discussion.

The link is clearly advertising a Private Health Care system where patients are required to pay for treatment. That would under normal circumstances not be allowed. We have relaxed the rules here and as some of the information may be useful it can remain.

cugila
Forum Monitor

Dippy3103

Re the question on totally vegetarian hi carb diets.
Yes I have tried it. I have been a strict vegetarian since I was 11(28 years), in that I do not eat any products of slaughter. I ate a high carb diet at the same time, as in the basis of most of my meals were potatoe, bread and pasta. I am not suggesting that my diet made me diabetic, but it probably didn't help. I was eating a lot of fruit in that diet, but mainly citrus fruit.
I remain a vegetarian but now follow a reduced carb diet.

LittleWolf

Cider made my blood sugar drop to an unreadable level and I woke up at 19.1mmol...

I keep telling you guys the same story but yeah...

The fiber might make actual apples a better choice to snack on than say, grapes.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
I eat an apple a day and am very well controlled so it must be true :roll:

OH, hang on, I also drink water every day so that must be the reason why I am so well controlled :thumbup:

OH, I also brush my teeth every day, tooth paste is a cure for diabetes :clap:

Just a thought but I generally look in here every day too, could this forum really be controlling my diabetes? :***:

IMHO this is just another crank, the internet is full of them and they are best avoided for medical advice but worth a look if you want a laugh :lol:

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I read that an apple a day helps keep cholesterol in check but if I have an apple even with a meal it drives my BGs way up
CAROL

mrawfell

To the people who critisize the moderators, they do not work at it 24/7. They have breaks, meals, sleep etc. Maybe this was posted in a completely different time zone. I am retired and live in a time zone GMT +8. If I posted in the morning here the UK would be asleep. Of course if you can do BETTER, volunteer

dpp

daisy1 said:
Yes, Google docs is all I got too. How did it know my e-mail address it just quoted at me - warning bells ring... :shock:

Got it from Twitter, you have tweet there

jake60

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've been a moderator on a number of forums over the last ten years and mods are never appreciated.
It's impossible to be on the forum all the time. It's impossible to read every post.
Problems need to be reported if you want to be sure a mod has seen the post or thread.
It's a pretty thankless task all in all.