Incredible back pain

megan2002

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello , l have had very uncomfortable lower back pain for 12 years now and finally have some investigations happening. I have had a Urea and Electrolytes blood test and have now been asked to return in one month and have it done again. Has anyone else had this. My back is really tender to touch and painful if l sit , stand or lie down.

SockFiddler

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Aah, @megan2002 I completely sympathise but would hate to offer advice. It does take a long old time for any investigations to begin, and it's awful to have to wait while you're suffering.

The investigative phase will be slow, too - don't expect a lot of change at once. Though it seems they're looking into an infectious source? Might be worth also asking for an X-ray (though you'll have to be persuasive) which could lead to a follow-up MRI but who knows?

So many things can cause back pain, and each of them is treated differently. But, from one long-time sufferer to another, I send you love and tenacity to keep on going.

Hang in there

Sock x

megan2002

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Aah, @megan2002 I completely sympathise but would hate to offer advice. It does take a long old time for any investigations to begin, and it's awful to have to wait while you're suffering.

The investigative phase will be slow, too - don't expect a lot of change at once. Though it seems they're looking into an infectious source? Might be worth also asking for an X-ray (though you'll have to be persuasive) which could lead to a follow-up MRI but who knows?

So many things can cause back pain, and each of them is treated differently. But, from one long-time sufferer to another, I send you love and tenacity to keep on going.

Hang in there

Sock x

megan2002

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you for your response much appreciated. It is so hard as l feel something not right . l have flu like symptoms and back tender and incredibly uncomfortable. l feel utterly shattered.

SockFiddler

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for your response much appreciated. It is so hard as l feel something not right . l have flu like symptoms and back tender and incredibly uncomfortable. l feel utterly shattered.

Oh, don't thank me - I did nothing useful at all! But do keep us up-to-date with how things are going. What you're going through sounds utterly miserable and I hope a remedy has you feeling better and back on your feet in no time.

x

megan2002

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not sure how long l can go on like this as very very uncomfortable. Is both sides of back tender and cannot eat as feel sick

SockFiddler

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@megan2002 , It seems it's getting worse for you, and that's no good at all. I know it's a Saturday and it's summer and whatnot, but I'd consider a trip to A&E for some immediate investigation and intervention. Maybe run your symptoms past 111 first but either way, lots of things We Don't Need Going Wrong refer pain (and tenderness and heat) to our backs, and I think you might be in need of some assistance - at least some decent pain meds and an infection swab.

Good luck - I've got you in my thoughts

Sock x

kelvin45

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liver
Depending exactly where the pain is and especially if you are unable to pass water correctly go straight to A&E or the ER room.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello , l have had very uncomfortable lower back pain for 12 years now and finally have some investigations happening. I have had a Urea and Electrolytes blood test and have now been asked to return in one month and have it done again. Has anyone else had this. My back is really tender to touch and painful if l sit , stand or lie down.
Hi, do you suffer with dizziness and balance problems too?

megan2002

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Also not sure if related however l am constantly coughing up phlegm for last couple of years

megan2002

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Plus my rib muscles keep popping out which is very uncomfortable l keep needing to stretch and urine has a terrible smell

SockFiddler

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@megan2002 , you still need to urgently seek medical care. Posting here with symptomatic updates is telling the wrong people what is going on. You need to see a doctor. You have needed to see one for a while. Your symptoms are potentially serious. Call 111 and get some advice if you are unwilling to get to a hospital. Tell them everything you have written here.

megan2002

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Been to the Doctor did a urine test and was clear. Explained the pain and cloudy smelly urine and was told it is not my kidneys. Been given Robaxin and told to wait for ICATS appointment to come.