Thrush help

brottonmoores

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
heres hoping someone can help with temporary relief from thrush until the chemist opens tomorrow
Used to get thrush a lot before diagnosis used to use canestan but 2 and a half years down the line as soon as bs were down no problem at all till this morning now I'm chewing my arm off trying not to scratch
Please please someone have a helpful idea contemplated breaking in to chemist
Thanks for reading
Hugs to all
Jan

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Unless you have some sort of cooling emolient like sudocrem that you can plaster on...
When you get your Canestan get some Aqueous Cream as well, it's a great standby emolient for those times when you do not have Thrush treatment. By the way, is there no 24 hour chemist or supermarket nearby?

brottonmoores

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Unfortunately not and the local supermarket doesn't have canestan when I finally get to chemist tomorrow I'm going to stock up on all varieties of cream
Just had a cool bath with a few drops of lavender in which has helped a bit
Thank you for your suggestion going to put cream in the fridge for a bit
It's a good wake up call to remind me why I keep my bs under control
Hugs
Jan

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I take the generic pill fluconazole £1.59 at first symptoms and always buy a spare getting the chemist to provide the longest dated (18 months to two years) as no longer have to take regular antibiotics.

Fruitella

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Any natural yoghurt in the fridge or sugar free baby teething gel? The teething gel can make it seem worse for a few seconds but then kicks in. Ice block or pack of frozen peas in bit of cloth works wonders too. I have just started on Jardiance so will no doubt be suffering at some point too.
I did see that ASDA have a cheap and cheerful thrush cream at the pharmacy so will pick up one for emergency.