Akram-aat

Hey

I am planning to get a measurement like freestyle libre (or any brand), but i want to use my mobile directly to read my sugar from the sensor on my skin, without using the diabetes measurement, because i always have my mobile in my pocket so it would be easier than having two devices in my pocket.
I have samsung s7 and it has NFC (same technology that the measurement uses to measure the blood sugar).

Is there any sensor which i can use it directly with my phone?

eventhorizon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yep, Freestyle Libre will work with most phones equipped with NFC. Samsung S6 definitely works, I think the S7 has recently been supported by the official Abbott app. The Glimp app will read the FSL sensor on many phones and Sony Smartwatch 3 maybe other wearables with NFC?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Reactions: Akram-aat

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's pretty clear that this is possible with the free style libre - https://www.freestylelibre.co.uk/libre/products/mobile-app-librelink.html

I'm not sure what you mean by other brand, because there aren't any other brands. There's one product that does this, and that's the freestyle libre.

The alternative would be a cgm and dexcom G5, but if you wanted to use a phone as the receiver it would have to be an iPhone.

Akram-aat

I can't download the app, it's not compatible with s7 yet. I didn't know that there are no other companies produce such that device.

Just_Me_Rachel

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Fish
In UK the Dexcom G5 (CGM) should be compatible with your Samsung galaxy S7. I think it's now compatible with Samsung S7 in USA too. So, you'd just need to download the official Dexcom G5 app.

I connect the Dexcom G5 to my Motorola via the app XDrip+. It's works great. Read up on nightscout or join the CGM in the Cloud Facebook group. I think there's options to connect the freestyle and Dexcom G4 to a phone too, but more effort than G5 which is just an app.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Akram-aat

I sent an email to the company and here is the reply

Dear Mr Tabbakh,

Thank you for contacting LibreLink Support UK.

Unfortunately I am sorry to confirm that LibreLink is currently not compatible with Samsung 7. You can check your phones compatibility here: https://www.librelink.com/support/getting-started/compatible-phones.

AirStrip is working to resolve the issue but we do not yet have any further information available.

It's weird that it works with some people. I have a friend who has s7 edge and it works on his mobile, but it doesn't on s7 flat and they have exactly same specifications.

I found unofficial version called liapp
on play store and reviewers said it works on their phones, but of course it's always better to have the official version.

Any idea about this program (liapp)?

Miri88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, please I have 1 question, maybe its here on forum but I dont understand english well, I wans ask if I can use FreeStyle Libre with my mobile Huawei P9lite, I cant install LibreLink but only can GLIMP, but when I install GLIMP cant I destroy my sensor FreeStyle Libre? Thank you