I am on holiday and I need some supplies for insight flex pump!!!

Pickle009

Hello everyone. New to the site. I am on holiday in Antalya and in a right pickle at the moment as i dont have any tubing in the cannula boxes for insight flex insulin pump. Normally they come with tubing in the box. But this time they didnt. And i stupidly packed them not knowing they were different.
Please can anyone help me.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Pickle009 , sorry to hear this.

1. Don't panic.
2. Contact Roche on +44 800 731 2291 to ask if they can help. Perhaps they can courier you over some supplies. Looking at their list of local representatives abroad Turkey isn't one of them, unfortunately, but Roche might have a suggestion as to how to get you some supplies.
3. Do you have anyone at home with access to your supplies and preferably an account with an international courier company? Supplies could be sent over, I'm thinking, but it wouldn't be cheap.
4. Do you have pens as backup? Is that an option? If you don't have pens either, I would recommend contacting a local doctor where you are. If there is a language barrier, enlist the help of the British consulate, who are there to support British nationals abroad.

Fingers crossed! Keep us posted!

X

Pickle009

Hello, thanks for the reply everyone.
I managed to speak with roche and they sent some supplies to a relative in the uk, who then posted them out to me. The cannula and tubing were fine. I changed it when i received the delivery.
Luckily i didnt need to use the pens. I hate pens.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Perfect outcome, @Pickle009 ! Glad to hear you got it sorted - thanks for the update!

Hope you had a fab holiday!

:snaphappy::pics::cool::happy: